High Net Worth Tax Partner
- Madison, WI
Are you looking to join an entrepreneurial firm which is one of the fastest growing in the US - one where you will be the \"go to\" high net worth tax expert?
Are you inspired to lead a practice, lead people and make a difference for your clients?
If yes, consider joining Baker Tilly LLP (BT) as a HNW Tax Partner! Our private wealth practice recognizes the unique challenges of wealthy individuals and privately held business owners. We help company executives, business owners, affluent families and family offices, estates and trusts in managing, preserving and transitioning wealth. Our consulting professionals provide comprehensive strategic income, trust, estate and gift tax, succession planning, valuation and international tax services.
You will work side-by-side with firm leadership and will be a valued mentor and coach to a group of talented staff. BT has the ability to provide you with an amazing ownership experience working with some of the most entrepreneurial partners in our field.
What you will do:
- Lead compliance and consulting services to high-net-worth individuals, multi-generational affluent families, family offices and their private businesses and/or investment entities:
- Perform technical review of complex individual, partnership, S-corp, trust, estate, gift and state tax returns
- Lead multiple engagements that deliver proactive tax planning and strategic consulting including federal, estate, gift, charitable planning and generation skipping tax
- Advise and make recommendations to clients on business succession planning
- Build on technical competence by keeping up-to-date on trends, developments and technical authorities - applying them to complex situations
- Manage client engagement staffing, billings/collections, and ensure client profitability targets are met
- Utilize your entrepreneurial skills to network and build strong relationships internally and externally with the goal of acquiring new clients, projects, and revenue
- Invest in your professional development individually and through participation in firm wide learning and development programs
- Support the growth and development of team members through the Baker Tilly Care and Teach philosophy, helping associates meet their professional goals
- Enjoy friendships, social activities and team outings that encourage a work-life balance
Successful candidates will have:
- An undergraduate degree in accounting or law required
- CPA or JD required
- Ten (10)+ years' experience in tax planning and consulting for wealthy individuals, family members and their trusts, investment entities, and private businesses. This includes strong experience in personal taxation, trust taxation, estate & gift taxation, charitable taxation, with exposure to flow through entities, partnership taxation and corporate taxation
- Six (6)+ years supervisory experience, mentoring and counseling associates
- Ability to lead and supervise others, provide exceptional client service, demonstrate commitment to continuous learning in order to stay current regarding applicable strategies, see the \"big picture\" as well as the details, display appropriate ethical knowledge and commitment, and exhibit a sense of urgency and commitment to quality and the timely completion of projects.
- Eligibility to work in the U.S., without sponsorship, highly preferred
Baker Tilly US, LLP (Baker Tilly) is a leading advisory, tax and assurance firm, providing clients a genuine coast-to-coast and global advantage with critical mass and top-notch talent in major regions of the U.S. and in many of the world's leading financial centers - New York, London, San Francisco, Los Angeles and Chicago. Baker Tilly is an independent member of Baker Tilly International, a worldwide network of independent accounting and business advisory firms in 148 territories, with 36,000 professionals and a combined worldwide revenue of $4.0 billion.
Many of Baker Tilly's roles have the opportunity to work remotely. Please discuss with your talent acquisition professional to understand the requirements for an opportunity you are exploring.
Baker Tilly is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability or protected veteran status, gender identity, sexual orientation, or any other legally protected basis, in accordance with applicable federal, state or local law.
Back to top