Help Desk Associate
Baker Tilly Virchow Krause, LLP (Baker Tilly) is a nationally recognized, full-service accounting and advisory firm whose specialized professionals connect with clients and their businesses through refreshing candor and clear industry insight. With approximately 2,700 employees across the United States, Baker Tilly is ranked as one of the 15 largest accounting and advisory firms in the country. Headquartered in Chicago, Baker Tilly is an independent member of Baker Tilly International, a worldwide network of independent accounting and business advisory firms in 147 territories, with over 33,000 professionals. The combined worldwide revenue of independent member firms is $3.4 billion.
It’s an exciting time to join Baker Tilly!
Under direct supervision from senior team members, provide service desk support and resolve problems to practitioner’s satisfaction.
- Monitor and respond quickly and effectively to requests received through the IT helpdesk.
- Troubleshoot and resolve all problems encountered with hardware and software. Escalate requests to the appropriate party, as needed. Replace or repair defective parts and equipment.
- Provide on-site desktop/laptop support including new hardware setup, imaging, and deployment.
- Provide minor telecom system support including mobile devices, voicemail and user programming.
- Utilize and maintain ServiceNow.
Assist with on-boarding of new user.
- Ensure work station has computer, monitor, keyboard, mouse, desk phone, and any additional specialized equipment. Install, test and configure new workstation, peripheral equipment and software.
- Conduct technology training for new user.
Provide support to the Technology team.
- Maintain inventory of all equipment, software and software licenses.
- Conduct briefings and demonstrations for uses to enhance system productivity.
- Assist in the development of training coursework and materials
Maintain and expand knowledge base in area of expertise.
- Successful completion of initial start-up plan, to develop a solid understanding of the organization’s core technologies.
- Attend courses to develop and keep skills and knowledge current.
- Comply with continuing education requirements.
- Increase efficiencies, technical ability and interpersonal skills.
- Special projects as requested.
- Associate’s degree in a field such as Computer Technology or related field. Certifications such as MCP, A+ preferred.
- Minimum of one (1) year prior experience with providing workstation support.
- Ability to work independently or as part of a team effectively.
- The ability to prioritize, be attentive to details, maintain confidentiality, and provide exceptional client service is required.
- Sound written and verbal communication skills necessary to effectively interface with all levels of Firm management, practitioners, clients, and other external business contacts.
- Strong analytical and organizational skills are necessary.
- A sense of urgency and a commitment to timely completion of projects. Attention to detail along with a commitment to quality and confidentiality.
Meet Some of Baker Tilly's Employees
Partner, Risk, Internal Audit, & Cybersecurity Practice
Monica works to assist clients whose businesses face operational, financial, technological, reputational, or compliance-related challenges, and she spends her time equipping and supporting her team members to successfully meet those challenges.
Back to top