Healthcare Senior Consultant, Revenue Cycle
Baker Tilly Virchow Krause, LLP (Baker Tilly) is a leading advisory, tax and assurance firm whose specialized professionals guide clients through an ever-changing business world, helping them win now and anticipate tomorrow. Headquartered in Chicago, Baker Tilly, and its affiliated entities, have operations in North America, South America, Europe, Asia and Australia. Baker Tilly is an independent member of Baker Tilly International, a worldwide network of independent accounting and business advisory firms in 145 territories, with 34,700 professionals. The combined worldwide revenue of independent member firms is $3.6 billion. Visit bakertilly.com or join the conversation on LinkedIn, Facebook and Twitter.
Baker Tilly Virchow Krause's values of integrity, passion and stewardship define us as an organization and an employer. We recognize that our approach, strategy and culture are driven by our people. Their focus and commitment has resulted in Baker Tilly Virchow Krause being ranked as one of the top 20 largest public accounting and advisory firms in the United States and our offices consistently earning "best place to work" honors. Our people have been fundamental in getting us to where we are today and where we will go in the future.
It's an exciting time to join Baker Tilly!
We are seeking a Senior Consultant with industry knowledge and professional services experience providing revenue cycle consulting services. This is a tremendous opportunity for an individual to join our growing Healthcare Practice.
Baker Tilly Annual Report 2018
Baker Tilly is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability or protected veteran status, gender identity, sexual orientation, or any other legally protected basis, in accordance with applicable federal, state or local law.
- Analyze and document provider revenue cycle processes, while focusing on specific areas of concern identified by using current revenue cycle methodologies
- Understand and provide best practice revenue cycle guidance and recommendations for provider revenue cycle operations
- Lead small teams and projects that support overall consulting engagements
- Recognize and identify revenue cycle process challenges or opportunities in a provider setting and escalate concerns timely
- Work directly with provider departments, as needed
- Responsible and accountable for internal control performance within their area of responsibility
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelor's Degree in Business, Accounting or other relevant degree. MBA or master's degree in healthcare highly desired
- Minimum of two years healthcare revenue cycle experience, consulting experience preferred. Relevant industry experience may substitute previous consulting requirement
- Strong oral and written communication skills including good public speaking skills
- Above average analytical skills including ability to review large amounts of data and draw sound conclusions
- Understanding of process mapping and workflow redesign preferred
- Understanding of revenue cycle systems and operations preferred
- Experience leading small projects independently as part of a larger scope of work
- Experience with third-party payors, denials management, and claims processing preferred
- High motivation with the ability to work well in a team setting
- Strong critical thinking skills with the ability to analyze complex problems and develop beneficial, implementable solutions
- Experience in managing multiple tasks with an emphasis on meeting deadlines
- Must be proficient in MS Office, particularly Excel and Access, and be very detail-oriented
- Experience with workflow automation toolsets (e.g. Ontario Systems Artiva) strongly desired
- Experience using advanced and automated analytic solutions strongly desired
- Willingness to travel as required, up to 80% for client engagements
- Ability to work non-traditional hours as needed for client engagements
Back to top