Government Contracting Advisory Services Senior Consultant
Baker Tilly Virchow Krause, LLP (Baker Tilly) is a nationally recognized, full-service accounting and advisory firm whose specialized professionals connect with clients and their businesses through refreshing candor and clear industry insight. With approximately 2,700 employees across the United States, Baker Tilly is ranked as one of the 15 largest accounting and advisory firms in the country. Headquartered in Chicago, Baker Tilly is an independent member of Baker Tilly International, a worldwide network of independent accounting and business advisory firms in 147 territories, with over 33,000 professionals. The combined worldwide revenue of independent member firms is $3.4 billion.
It’s an exciting time to join Baker Tilly!
Due to the continued growth of our Government Contracting Advisory Services Practice, we are currently seeking a Senior Consultant for our Tysons, VA office. Our Practice includes: Certified Public Accountants, Certified Internal Auditors, Certified Fraud Examiners, former industry leaders and contract experts who have the technical expertise to deliver exceptional results tailored to meet the needs and offer solutions to our clients. Our leadership team speaks and publishes frequently on critical issues facing government contractors, and serve in a leadership capacity in a number of professional organizations.
As a Senior Consultant in one of the nation’s preeminent government contract consulting practices, you will work with a select group of professionals aligned in an entrepreneurial environment, to provide government contractor clients service offerings that span all stages of the government contracting lifecycle to include:
- FAR/CAS/OMB Circular Consultation
- DCAA/OIG Audit Support
- Compliance Program Development
- Indirect Rate Structuring
- Request for Equitable Adjustment/Claims
- Government Audit Support Services
- Pricing Strategy and Proposal Preparation
- GSA Federal Supply Schedule Contracting
- Contract Management Services
- Fraud Investigations/Forensic Accounting
- Incurred Cost Submission Preparation
- Litigation / Dispute / Expert Testimony Services
At Baker Tilly, you will find that your specialized experience and technical depth will allow you to quickly contribute to on-going engagements while at the same time, have the opportunity to be challenged by new engagements and advance your technical potential. As a member of our team, you will also contribute to some of the most important activities in our firm which include operating and growing the business, serving the client, developing the best people, and shaping our culture.
- Prepare and submit required reports accurately and timely coordinate the preparation of materials
- Contribute to the general management of the Consulting Practice and develop and implement a personal plan which sets goals for professional and practice development
- Deliver exceptional client service in all client interactions and projects
- Communicate effectively, both internally and to clients, including those at an executive level
- Provide coaching and mentoring to junior level staff
- Work with MS Project/Excel, Access, SQL Server, Tableau, and various database platforms in support of complex pricing analyses and investigations
- Interact directly with Partners and leadership on client and engagement management
- BS in Accounting or Finance Advanced Degree highly desired
- CPA or ability to sit for the CPA highly desired.
- Three (3) plus years of related experience in professional services/or industry
- Understanding of general GAAP and Cost Accounting Standards (CAS) and/FAR
- Demonstrated analytical, problem-solving, organizational, interpersonal, communication skills and solid Microsoft Office skills required
- Ability to provide exceptional client service, demonstrate commitment to continuous learning, display appropriate ethical knowledge and commitment and exhibit a sense of urgency and commitment to quality and the timely completion of duties
- The ability to work effectively in a team environment with all levels of client personnel in various industries
- Excellent written/verbal communications and collaboration skills
- Ability to travel as needed for clients and work non-traditional work hours due to client demands
Meet Some of Baker Tilly's Employees
Partner, Risk, Internal Audit, & Cybersecurity Practice
Monica works to assist clients whose businesses face operational, financial, technological, reputational, or compliance-related challenges, and she spends her time equipping and supporting her team members to successfully meet those challenges.
Back to top