As a Director in one of the nation's preeminent government contracts consulting practices, you will work with a select group of professionals to provide government service offerings that span all stages of the government contracting lifecycle to include:
- FAR/CAS/OMB Circular Consultation
- DCAA/OIG Audit Support
- Compliance Program Development
- Indirect Rate Structuring
- Request for Equitable Adjustment/Claims
- Pricing Strategy and Proposal Preparation
- GSA Federal Supply Schedule Contracting
- Contract Management Services
- Fraud Investigations/Forensic Accounting
- Incurred Cost Submission Preparation
- Litigation / Dispute / Expert Testimony Services
At Baker Tilly, you will find that your specialized experience and technical depth will allow you to quickly contribute to on-going engagements, as well as allow you to join new and challenging projects that provide the opportunity to advance your technical potential. As a member of our team, you will also contribute to some of the most important activities in our firm, which include operating and growing the business, serving the client, developing the best people, and shaping our culture.
Your responsibilities will be to:
- Assume responsibility for all project phases and work directly with clients in accomplishing project objectives.
- Deliver exceptional client service in all client interactions and projects.
- Communicate effectively, both internally and to clients, including those at an executive level.
- Apply insights and knowledge of government contracting compliance issues and processes to enable clients to solve complex business problems.
- Develop and execute methodologies and solutions specific to the government contracting industry.
- Manage day-to-day project activities; establish appropriate leverage on project teams and assign/manage project responsibilities to team members.
- Provide coaching, mentoring and performance counseling to consultants, clients and project team members.
- Balance client, new business development and practice development activities, including active participation in internal projects and operations along with complying with firm standards.
- Contribute to the general management of the Consulting Practice and develop and implement a personal plan which sets goals for professional and practice development.
Strong candidates are proven leaders with a combination of government contract accounting, finance, contract management or compliance background in a professional services firm.
Successful candidates will have:
- An undergraduate degree in Accounting, Finance or related field.
- At least 10 years of experience with FAR, GSAR, and CAS requirements and other federal procurement regulations.
- Experience in prevailing wage compliance (SCA, DBA, CBA) preferred
- Contract Closeout, Claims/Dispute Resolutions and GSA experience.
- Experience with data analytics and data management preferred
- Previous experience in a professional services environment working directly with government contracting clients.
- The ability to work effectively in a team environment with all levels of client personnel in various industries.
- Excellent written/verbal communications and collaboration skills.
- Strong project management and facilitation skills.
- Integrity within a professional environment.
- Ability to travel to client sites when necessary
*For the state of Colorado only, the range of starting salary for this role is $100,298 ro 196,392. Actual compensation is influenced by a variety of factor's including but not limited to the level of experience and skill set.
Baker Tilly US, LLP (Baker Tilly) is a leading advisory, tax and assurance firm, providing clients a genuine coast-to-coast and global advantage with critical mass and top-notch talent in major regions of the U.S. and in many of the world's leading financial centers - New York, London, San Francisco, Los Angeles and Chicago. Baker Tilly is an independent member of Baker Tilly International, a worldwide network of independent accounting and business advisory firms in 148 territories, with 36,000 professionals and a combined worldwide revenue of $4.0 billion.
Many of Baker Tilly's roles have the opportunity to work remotely. Please discuss with your talent acquisition professional to understand the requirements for an opportunity you are exploring.
Baker Tilly is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability or protected veteran status, gender identity, sexual orientation, or any other legally protected basis, in accordance with applicable federal, state or local law.