Global Forensic & Litigation Services Director - Sydney/Melbourne
- Sydney, Australia
Baker Tilly Virchow Krause, LLP (Baker Tilly) is a leading advisory, tax and assurance firm whose specialized professionals guide clients through an ever-changing business world, helping them win now and anticipate tomorrow. Headquartered in Chicago, Baker Tilly, and its affiliated entities, have operations in North America, South America, Europe, Asia and Australia. Baker Tilly is an independent member of Baker Tilly International, a worldwide network of independent accounting and business advisory firms in 145 territories, with 34,700 professionals. The combined worldwide revenue of independent member firms is $3.6 billion. Visit bakertilly.com or join the conversation on LinkedIn , Facebook and Twitter .
It's an exciting time to join Baker Tilly!
Baker Tilly Annual Report 2018
Baker Tilly is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability or protected veteran status, gender identity, sexual orientation, or any other legally protected basis, in accordance with applicable federal, state or local law.
As a Director, this individual must display the leadership skills to currently be, or be on track to be a Partner. We are looking for someone willing to be focused on expanding Baker Tilly's presence in Australia and the wider markets, offering expertise within their industry and generating new business opportunities for Baker Tilly.
The Director is responsible for multiple technically-specialized and complex engagements or projects. They effectively execute client service, staff development, practice development, administrative operations, leadership, working relationships, quality control and other responsibilities specific to the group or function.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
The following is an overview of the primary duties and responsibilities of the Director and should not be considered an all-inclusive list.
- Authors and issues engagement letters/proposals to clients; specifies the terms and conditions associated with these engagements
- Coordinates and conducts site visits to gather information about subject businesses as necessary to complete assigned engagements
- Analyzes and reconstructs fraudulent transactions, complex transactions, financial statements, etc.
- Plans, organizes, conducts, and manages a variety of forensic accounting activities including the investigation of suspected fraud or other questionable financial activities
- Directs the planning, assembly, review, and finalization of working papers that support conclusions
- Produces and reviews documents, such as opinion letters, reports, work plans, time budgets, client information requests, interrogatories and discovery data
- Impeccably prepared and effectively handles difficult meetings and calls with clients and opposing parties. Maintains active communication with clients to manage expectations, ensure satisfaction, achieve deadlines are met, and lead change efforts effectively
- Effectively delegates and supervises project assignments to the appropriate staff level
- Responsible for recruiting, training, supervising, and retaining professional and support staff. Responsible for staff mentoring and career development
- In relation to the above, maintains exceptional attention to details. Strives for error free work product and communications
BUSINESS DEVELOPMENT: (BD)
- Independently and jointly with global colleagues grows existing practice area (book of business), and promotes the broad range of the firm's capabilities
- Develops and executes clear client development plans, taking into account other contacts of Baker Tilly worldwide
- Teams with others on proposals and BD calls
- Writes articles for various industries, firm, and other publications
- Works with Partners to achieve overall strategic plan for the office
- Actively participates in professional organizations, client functions, events, and lunches. Conducts presentations and seminars
- Maintains a consistent involvement in industry functions and involves staff
- Takes the initiative to keep current with personnel/employment changes among our current and prospective client groups
- Strives to remain knowledgeable and current with respect to his/her relevant industry news and trends
- Develops the market and builds client rel ationships to successfully leads
- Acts with the highest professional ethics and in accordance with the relevant professional standards and practices at all times, including the regulations and professional ethics of the Institute of Chartered Accountants, ACFE, IMC and ASA and other governing bodies as applicable
- Takes direction from Partners and keeps Partners current on all files
- Minimizes firm risk on projects and proposals
- Assists in office administration requirements and practices
- Maximizes his/her own utilization and that of other Baker Tilly staff by seeking or outsourcing work from/to other Baker Tilly professionals when it is appropriate to do so
- Performs other related duties and assignments as required
- Bachelor's degree in a specialized field required. Master's degree preferred
- Minimum of ten (10) years of related experience; previous related industry and consulting experience highly preferred; a minimum of eight (8) years of supervisory responsibilities highly preferred
- Possess and maintain valid license(s) or certification(s) for applicable area of work (CA, ACCA, CPA, etc.)
- Demonstrated management, analytical, organization, interpersonal, project management, communication skills, and highly developed Microsoft Suite skills (Word, Excel) required
- Excellent Project Management skills with proven success leading projects
- Substantial experience in practice area(s). Highly analytical, with expertise in financial analysis
- Exceptional interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills
- Knowledge and experience to oversee the work of others. Readily available to subordinates to answer questions or give instructions
- A sense of urgency and a commitment to timely completion of projects
- Attention to detail along with a commitment to quality and confidentiality
- Flexibility to travel to client site as needed and work outside of normal business hours due to client demands
Back to top