Forensic, Valuation & Litigation Services Senior Consultant - Valuations
Baker Tilly Virchow Krause, LLP (Baker Tilly) is a leading advisory, tax and assurance firm whose specialized professionals guide clients through an ever-changing business world, helping them win now and anticipate tomorrow. Headquartered in Chicago, Baker Tilly, and its affiliated entities, have operations in North America, South America, Europe, Asia and Australia. Baker Tilly is an independent member of Baker Tilly International, a worldwide network of independent accounting and business advisory firms in 147 territories, with 33,600 professionals. The combined worldwide revenue of independent member firms is $3.4 billion. Visit bakertilly.com or join the conversation on LinkedIn, Facebook and Twitter.
It’s an exciting time to join Baker Tilly!
The Senior Associate will conduct and prepare a wide range of forensic financial analyses with minimal assistance. A Senior Associate has a unique job which will require strong analytical, creative, investigative, research, and organizational skills, as well as familiarity with a variety of the field’s concepts, practices and procedures.
Under the general supervision of a Manager, The Senior Associate will maintain excellent client relationships by delivering high quality customer service and competently completing client engagements. The Senior Associate may delegate and lead the work of other staff. Relies on experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals.
- Complete most engagements with a minimum amount of supervision. May direct staff, instructing them in work to be performed, reviewing their completed work and directing any necessary revisions or actions
- Conduct and perform forensic financial analyses, build models, maintain documents produced in litigation, summarize depositions, assist in report writing, and perform quality control procedures on schedules and reports.
- Make decisions on all but the most unusual or complex matters.
- Discuss and outline problems/ issues with a Manager or Principal and then act on the proffered advice.
- May direct staff, instructing them in work to be performed, reviewing their completed work and directing any necessary revisions or actions
- Determines engagement timelines, in conjunction with the engagement Manager/ Principal, and instructs assistants in time management methods allowing them to efficiently and effectively accomplish the Firm’s objectives
- Develop and maintain excellent client relationships
- Participate in Firm business development efforts, including the development of presentations, proposals and qualifications packages
- Represents Firm at business and community functions in order to maintain current, acquire new and expand existing client relationships
- Represents Firm through involvement in professional, recruiting, charitable and /or civic organizations
- A Bachelor’s degree in Accounting is required
- A minimum of 3 years of public accounting or related experience
- A record of progressively increasing knowledge, skill, responsibility and independence
- Experience in forensic accounting and litigation support is strongly preferred
- Individuals in this position must have demonstrated computer skills and experience with accounting software is required.
- A valid driver’s license is also required.
Back to top