Forensic, Valuation & Litigation Services Senior Consultant
Baker Tilly Virchow Krause, LLP (Baker Tilly) is a nationally recognized, full-service accounting and advisory firm whose specialized professionals connect with clients and their businesses through refreshing candor and clear industry insight. With approximately 2,700 employees across the United States, Baker Tilly is ranked as one of the 15 largest accounting and advisory firms in the country. Headquartered in Chicago, Baker Tilly is an independent member of Baker Tilly International, a worldwide network of independent accounting and business advisory firms in 147 territories, with over 33,000 professionals. The combined worldwide revenue of independent member firms is $3.4 billion.
Baker Tilly’s values of integrity, passion and stewardship define us as an organization and an employer. We recognize that our approach, strategy and culture are driven by our people. Our offices consistently earn “the best place to work” honors. Our people have been fundamental in getting us to where we are today and where we will go in the future.
Due to the continued growth of our Consulting Practice, we are currently seeking a Senior Consultant for our Forensic, Litigation and Valuation Service Practice to be based in our Chicago office. This role will be focused on providing valuation services to include, business enterprise valuations and intangible and tangible asset valuations for dispute resolution purposes.
Our Practice delivers solutions to law firms and corporate clients in key areas including:
- Bankruptcy & Restructuring
- Complex Commercial Disputes
- Fraud & Forensic Investigations
- Monitorships & Regulatory Compliance
- Structured Finance & Capital Markets
- Valuation Services
At Baker Tilly, you will find that your specialized experience and technical depth will allow you to quickly contribute to on-going engagements while at the same time, have the opportunity to be challenged by new engagements and advance your technical potential. As a member of our team, you will also contribute to some of the most important activities in our firm which include operating and growing the business, serving the client, developing the best people, and shaping our culture.
It’s an exciting time to join Baker Tilly!
- Provide valuation and economic analysis services to clients. Research and analyzing factors affecting valuations and perform quality control review of valuation analyses
- Perform analysis, conduct management interviews and prepare Expert Reports for complex valuation matters.
- Provide assistance with determination of lost profits and economic damages, intangible assets and intellectual property valuations.
- Assist with strengthening existing client relationships and develop new business opportunities by participating in sales meetings and working on proposals
- Interact directly with Partners and leadership on client and lead execution and engagement management
- Provide coaching and mentoring to junior level staff
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, Finance Economics or related field. Masters’ Degree is highly desired.
- CPA, CFA, CFE or other relevant certifications highly desired.
- At least 3 years of experience with experience in a professional services environment or a combination or professional services and industry, providing valuation services to clients
- Demonstrated analytical, problem-solving, organizational, interpersonal, communication skills and solid Microsoft Suite skills required.
- Ability to provide exceptional client service, demonstrate commitment to continuous learning, display appropriate ethical knowledge and commitment and exhibit a sense of urgency and commitment to quality and the timely completion of duties.
- The ability to work effectively in a team environment and comfortably interact with senior level client personnel, including supporting the preparation of and participating in executive briefings
- Excellent written/verbal communications and collaboration skills.
- Strong project management and facilitation skills.
- Flexibility to travel to client site as needed and ability to work beyond core business hours
Meet Some of Baker Tilly's Employees
Partner, Risk, Internal Audit, & Cybersecurity Practice
Monica works to assist clients whose businesses face operational, financial, technological, reputational, or compliance-related challenges, and she spends her time equipping and supporting her team members to successfully meet those challenges.
Back to top