Baker Tilly Virchow Krause, LLP (Baker Tilly) is a nationally recognized, full-service accounting and advisory firm whose specialized professionals connect with clients and their businesses through refreshing candor and clear industry insight. With approximately 2,700 employees across the United States, Baker Tilly is ranked as one of the 15 largest accounting and advisory firms in the country. Headquartered in Chicago, Baker Tilly is an independent member of Baker Tilly International, a worldwide network of independent accounting and business advisory firms in 147 territories, with over 33,000 professionals. The combined worldwide revenue of independent member firms is $3.4 billion.
We are seeking a Financial Analyst to join our Transactions team in Madison, WI. This individual will have the opportunity to work with a team that assists a diverse base of clients in negotiating and structuring state and local government financing and incentives for real estate developments and business expansions. The position involves exposure to and direct interaction with clients, government officials and senior professionals within the firm, and general project support including research, quantitative analysis and presentations.
It’s an exciting time to join Baker Tilly!
- Provide exceptional client service to private sector clients seeking financial assistance from state and local governments.
- Research government incentives programs such as tax increment financing, property assessed clean energy financing, job creation tax credits, property tax abatements, sales tax incentives, and low interest financing options.
- Prepare financial schedules and impact analysis to be used in presentations and as support for incentive negotiation.
- Prepare applications and participate in presentations to governmental entities and constituents.
- Track project milestones and deadlines.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Finance or Accounting.
- GPA of 3.0 or above preferred.
- Microsoft Office skills required including proficiency in Microsoft Excel.
- Commitment to passing the FINRA Series 79 exam within one year of employment.
- Ability to demonstrate commitment to continuous learning, exhibit a sense of urgency, and maintain a continuous focus on quality and the timely completion of duties.
- Ability to maintain a flexible work schedule as projects dictate.
- Willingness to travel (up to 10% time).
Meet Some of Baker Tilly's Employees
Partner, Risk, Internal Audit, & Cybersecurity Practice
Monica works to assist clients whose businesses face operational, financial, technological, reputational, or compliance-related challenges, and she spends her time equipping and supporting her team members to successfully meet those challenges.
Back to top