Federal Tax Senior Associate
- Milwaukee, WI
Baker Tilly US, LLP (Baker Tilly) is a leading advisory, tax and assurance firm whose specialized professionals guide clients through an ever-changing business world, helping them win now and anticipate tomorrow. Headquartered in Chicago, Baker Tilly, and its affiliated entities, have operations in North America, South America, Europe, Asia and Australia. Baker Tilly is an independent member of Baker Tilly International, a worldwide network of independent accounting and business advisory firms in 146 territories, with 36,000 professionals. The combined worldwide revenue of independent member firms is $3.9 billion. Visit bakertilly.com or join the conversation on LinkedIn, Facebook and Twitter.
It's an exciting time to join Baker Tilly!
Baker Tilly Annual Report 2018
Baker Tilly is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability or protected veteran status, gender identity, sexual orientation, or any other legally protected basis, in accordance with applicable federal, state or local law.
- Be a trusted member of the engagement team providing various federal tax compliance and consulting services to industry specific clients
- Positively impact your client by:
- Providing tax compliance and advisory services to S-corporations, partnerships, individuals and corporations ranging from middle market to multinational companies
- Participating in tax research projects on a variety of tax issues, helping to draft IRS responses and addressing other tax authority inquiries
- Teaming with leaders on special projects in various areas of corporate and flow through taxation such as accounting methods and ASC740
- Developing recommendations for the client to consider and sharing with leadership to discuss and strategize
- Communicating and teaming with specialty tax practices on complicated tax matters in the state and local, high net worth, international, research and development along with credits and incentives areas
- Learn and grow from direct on the job coaching and mentoring along with participating in firm wide learning and development programs
- Utilize your entrepreneurial skills to network and build strong relationships internally and with your clients
- Support the growth and development of team members through the Baker Tilly Care and Teach philosophy, helping associates meet their professional goals
- Bachelor's Degree in Accounting or Law
- CPA or JD license, or eligibility to sit for the Uniform Certified Public Accountant examination or Bar examination required
- Two (2)+ years of experience providing federal tax compliance and consulting services in a public accounting firm
- Demonstrated skills in the areas of time management, communication, interpersonal skills, relationship building, collaboration, and problem solving
- Strong leadership, project management, organizational and analytical skills, initiative, adaptability
- Microsoft Suite skills
- Highly developed software and Microsoft Suite skills
Back to top