Fall 2021 Associate (Tax) - New York
- New York, NY
Baker Tilly US, LLP (Baker Tilly) is a leading advisory, tax and assurance firm whose specialized professionals guide clients through an ever-changing business world, helping them win now and anticipate tomorrow. Headquartered in Chicago, Baker Tilly, and its affiliated entities, have operations in North America, South America, Europe, Asia and Australia. Baker Tilly is an independent member of Baker Tilly International, a worldwide network of independent accounting and business advisory firms in 146 territories, with 36,000 professionals. The combined worldwide revenue of independent member firms is $3.9 billion. Visit bakertilly.com or join the conversation on LinkedIn, Facebook and Twitter.
It's an exciting time to join Baker Tilly!
Baker Tilly Annual Report 2018
Baker Tilly is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability or protected veteran status, gender identity, sexual orientation, or any other legally protected basis, in accordance with applicable federal, state or local law.
As an Associate, you will have the opportunity to specialize in either tax or audit or start your career doing both! You will have the opportunity to:
- Gain more experience, more responsibility and greater opportunity earlier in your career
- Work directly with partners, managers and seniors, providing tax, audit and business advisory services to clients
- Gain experience and training in various areas, including audits, reviews, compilations, risk management, tax return preparation (such as partnerships, S-corps, corporations) and tax research
- Develop in-depth knowledge of clients' businesses and industries by having direct client interaction while working on multiple aspects of an engagement
- Enjoy friendships, social activities and team outings that encourage a work-life balance
Our clients are both privately held and publicly traded companies, and occupy all stages of development - from start-ups and family-run businesses to multi-national corporations. This multi-faceted client base allows us to provide our staff with a variety of opportunities across numerous industries, and a constant flow of challenging and meaningful work.
Successful candidates will have:
- An undergraduate degree in accounting or an undergraduate degree with sufficient course work to sit for the CPA exam by September 2021
Outstanding academic performance required, with a minimum overall GPA of 3.0 required with at least a 3.2 GPA preferred
- Relevant internship, work experience and/or involvement with a professional organization
- The ability to work effectively in a team environment with all levels of client personnel in various industries
- Excellent written/verbal communication and collaboration skills
- Integrity within a professional environment
- Eligibility to work in the US without sponsorship
Back to top