Fall 2020 Municipal Advisory Finance Intern
Baker Tilly Municipal Advisors, LLC (BTMA), a wholly-owned subsidiary of Baker Tilly Virchow Krause, LLP (Baker Tilly), specialize s in advising governments, including cities, towns, villages, counties, authorities, utilities, public schools and libraries, as well as higher education, healthcare entities, power and water districts and economic development organizations. Solving problems, creating opportunities and meeting our clients' accounting, capital planning and public finance needs are the hallmarks of the services we provide. As a Consultant, you will play an integral role in many types of client engagements and will help provide objective analysis, planning and creative solutions for all types of projects. A career with BTMA will allow you to make a difference in the communities we serve.
Baker Tilly Virchow Krause, LLP (Baker Tilly) is a leading advisory, tax and assurance firm whose specialized professionals guide clients through an ever-changing business world, helping them win now and anticipate tomorrow. Headquartered in Chicago, Baker Tilly, and its affiliated entities, have operations in North America, South America, Europe, Asia and Australia. Baker Tilly is an independent member of Baker Tilly International, a worldwide network of independent accounting and business advisory firms in 145 territories, with 34,700 professionals. The combined worldwide revenue of independent member firms is $3.6 billion.
Baker Tilly provides a positive work environment with a focus on learning and development, collaboration between coworkers, and advancement opportunities. Visit bakertilly.com or join the conversation on LinkedIn , Facebook and Twitter .
It's an exciting time to join Baker Tilly!
Baker Tilly Annual Report 2018
- Interns assist with client engagements involving capital improvement and economic development projects
- Responsibilities will vary and include developing cash flows, preparing financial reports, calculating tax projections, research and assisting with analysis of information
- Project work may include assisting with compliance reports related to bond issues
- Interns are involved in client engagements that include the opportunity to attend public and planning meetings and to interact with clients
- Some travel with experienced staff may be required, but most is same-day travel within the state
- Learn directly from experienced Staff, Seniors, Managers, Principals and Partners with specialized experience and technical knowledge across numerous industries and services
- Demonstrate your performance and ability to join Baker Tilly as a Consultant full-time
- Pursuing a Bachelor's or Master's degree in Accounting, Finance, or related field required
- Outstanding academic performance required, with a preferred GPA of 3.0 or above
- Relevant internship, work experience and/or involvement with a professional organization preferred
- The ability to work effectively in a team environment with all levels of client personnel in various industries
- Excellent written/verbal communication and collaboration skills
- Strong attention to detail, a desire to learn and a high degree of analytical ability
- Be eligible to work in the US without sponsorship during the internship program and as a full-time employee
Meet Some of Baker Tilly's Employees
Monica D.Partner, Risk, Internal Audit, & Cybersecurity Practice
Monica works to assist clients whose businesses face operational, financial, technological, reputational, or compliance-related challenges, and she spends her time equipping and supporting her team members to successfully meet those challenges.
Back to top