Fall 2019 Staff Consultant (Risk, Internal Audit & Cybersecurity)
Baker Tilly Virchow Krause, LLP (Baker Tilly) is a nationally recognized, full-service accounting and advisory firm whose specialized professionals connect with clients and their businesses through refreshing candor and clear industry insight. With approximately 2,700 employees across the United States, Baker Tilly is ranked as one of the 15 largest accounting and advisory firms in the country. Headquartered in Chicago, Baker Tilly is an independent member of Baker Tilly International, a worldwide network of independent accounting and business advisory firms in 147 territories, with over 33,000 professionals. The combined worldwide revenue of independent member firms is $3.4 billion.
It’s an exciting time to join Baker Tilly!
Our Risk, Internal Audit & Cyber security (RIAC) practice is comprised of professionals who are Certified Public Accountants, Certified Internal Auditors and Certified Fraud Examiners who have the technical expertise to deliver exceptional results tailored to meet our client’s needs and to offer them unique solutions. Our team speaks and publishes frequently on critical issues facing our clients, and serve in a leadership capacity in a number of professional organizations. Our clients span many industries including higher education, not-for-profits, professional services, healthcare, financial services, manufacturing and distribution, and other businesses.
As a Staff Consultant in our RIAC practice, you will work with a select group of professionals aligned in an entrepreneurial environment to provide service offerings to include:
• Fraud and forensics
• Internal audit
• Information privacy and security
• Process improvements and operation efficiency
• Risk and compliance assessments
As a 2019 Staff Consultant you will have the opportunity to:
- Work directly with partners, managers and seniors, providing internal audit and business advisory services to clients.
- Develop in-depth knowledge of clients’ businesses and industries by having direct client interaction while working on multiple aspects of an engagement.
- Provide recommendations for business and process improvements based upon knowledge gained relative to the client’s operations, processes, and business objectives.
- Proactively build relationships and communicate effectively with the client to provide superior client service.
- Interact directly with Partners and leadership on client and engagement management.
- Assist with strengthening existing client relationships and develop new business opportunities by participating in sales meetings and working on proposals.
- Invest in professional development through active participation in training sessions and networking events both internally and externally.
Successful candidates will meet the following requirements:
- Be enrolled as a full-time student during the 2018/2019 school year in an Accounting, Accounting Information Systems or related program with sufficient course work to begin full-time employment in 2019.
- The ability to work effectively in a team environment with all levels of client personnel in various industries.
- Excellent written/verbal communications and collaboration skills.
- Integrity within a professional environment
- Flexibility to travel to various client sites as needed up to 50%
- Demonstrate skills in the areas of communication, relationship building, personal development, collaboration, and problem solving along with initiative, adaptability and highly developed Microsoft Suite skills.
- Have willingness and ability to travel as needed for client projects
Back to top