Fall 2019 Staff Consultant- Government Contractor Advisory Services (GCAS)
Baker Tilly Virchow Krause, LLP (Baker Tilly) is a nationally recognized, full-service accounting and advisory firm whose specialized professionals connect with clients and their businesses through refreshing candor and clear industry insight. With approximately 2,700 employees across the United States, Baker Tilly is ranked as one of the 15 largest accounting and advisory firms in the country. Headquartered in Chicago, Baker Tilly is an independent member of Baker Tilly International, a worldwide network of independent accounting and business advisory firms in 147 countries, with 30,000 professionals. The combined worldwide revenue of independent member firms is $3.2 billion.
It’s an exciting time to join Baker Tilly!
As a Staff Consultant in the Government Contractor Advisory Services (GCAS) practice you will have the opportunity to:
- Work directly with Government contractor clients analyzing various cost accounting and pricing compliance-related issues
- Engage with clients ranging from major Government contractors to start-up privately help businesses to primarily commercial publicly traded multi-national corporations
- Develop tailored solutions to enhance client compliance and minimize exposure by leveraging your strengths through qualitative and/or quantitative contributions to client engagements
- Gain immediate access to and learn from Government and industry experts, and Baker Tilly Partners, Directors and Senior Managers through integrated work teams, networking activities, formal training and an open work environment
- Participate in our year-long valued business advisor training program designed to give you the tools needed to immediately contribute to client engagements and personal development
Successful candidates will meet the following requirements:
- Be enrolled as a full-time student during the 2018/2019 school year in Accounting, Finance or related program
- Demonstrated analytical, problem-solving, organizational, interpersonal, communication skills and solid Microsoft Suite skills required
- Ability to provide exceptional client service, demonstrate commitment to continuous learning, display appropriate ethical knowledge and commitment and exhibit a sense of urgency and commitment to quality and the timely completion of duties
- The ability to work effectively in a team environment with all levels of client personnel in various industries
- Excellent written/verbal communications and collaboration skills
- Flexibility to travel to client site as needed
- Availability to begin full time employment in 2019
- Outstanding academic performance
- Relevant internship, work experience and/or involvement with a professional organization
- Be eligible to work in the US without sponsorship as a full-time employee
Meet Some of Baker Tilly's Employees
Partner, Risk, Internal Audit, & Cybersecurity Practice
Monica works to assist clients whose businesses face operational, financial, technological, reputational, or compliance-related challenges, and she spends her time equipping and supporting her team members to successfully meet those challenges.
Back to top