Fall 2019 Staff Consultant - Financial Advisory Services (Philadelphia, PA)
Baker Tilly Virchow Krause, LLP (Baker Tilly) is a nationally recognized, full-service accounting and advisory firm whose specialized professionals connect with clients and their businesses through refreshing candor and clear industry insight. With approximately 2,700 employees across the United States, Baker Tilly is ranked as one of the 15 largest accounting and advisory firms in the country. Headquartered in Chicago, Baker Tilly is an independent member of Baker Tilly International, a worldwide network of independent accounting and business advisory firms in 141 countries, with 28,000 professionals. The combined worldwide revenue of independent member firms is $3.8 billion.
Due to the continued growth of our Financial Advisory Services group (FAS), we are currently interviewing for a Fall 2019 Staff Consultant. As a member of the FAS practice staff will have the opportunity to work on real world engagements in different service areas including business valuation, mergers and acquisitions, and CFO advisory.
It’s an exciting time to join Baker Tilly!
As a 2019 Staff Consultant you will have the opportunity to:
- Collaborate with experienced Staff, Seniors, Managers and Partners with specialized experience and technical knowledge across numerous industries and services
- Engage directly with a variety of clients ranging from privately held businesses to publicly traded multi-national corporations
- Provide recommendations for business and process improvements based upon knowledge gained relative to the client’s operations, processes, and business objectives
- Pro-actively build relationships and communicate effectively with the client to provide superior client service
- Interact directly with Partners and leadership on client and engagement management
- Assist with strengthening existing client relationships and develop new business opportunities by participating in sales meetings and working on proposals
- Invest in professional development through active participation in training sessions and networking events both internally and externally
Successful candidates will meet the following requirements:
- BA/BS in Accounting
- Be enrolled as a full-time student during the 2018/ 2019 school year in an accounting (or related) program with sufficient course work to become a CPA before beginning full-time employment in August 2019 or October 2019
- The ability to work effectively in a team environment with all levels of client personnel in various industries
- Excellent written/verbal communications and collaboration skills
- Integrity within a professional environment
- Flexibility to travel to various client sites as needed up to 50%
- Demonstrate skills in the areas of communication, relationship building, personal development, collaboration, and problem solving along with initiative, adaptability and highly developed Microsoft Suite skills
- Have the willingness and ability to travel as needed for client projects
Back to top