Experienced Audit Staff Accountant - Construction/Real Estate
Baker Tilly Virchow Krause, LLP (Baker Tilly) is a nationally recognized, full-service accounting and advisory firm whose specialized professionals connect with clients and their businesses through refreshing candor and clear industry insight. With approximately 2,700 employees across the United States, Baker Tilly is ranked as one of the 15 largest accounting and advisory firms in the country. Headquartered in Chicago, Baker Tilly is an independent member of Baker Tilly International, a worldwide network of independent accounting and business advisory firms in 147 territories, with over 33,000 professionals. The combined worldwide revenue of independent member firms is $3.4 billion.
We are currently seeking an Experienced Audit Staff Accountant to join our Construction/Real Estate team in our Milwaukee office. As a member of our team, you will have the opportunity to leverage the experiences and resources of over 250 professionals dedicated to providing services to more than 2,400 Construction and Real Estate clients firm wide.
It’s an exciting time to join Baker Tilly!
As an Audit Accountant with Baker Tilly, you will have the opportunity to:
- Gain more experience, more responsibility and greater opportunity earlier in your career.
- Work directly with partners, managers and seniors, providing audit and business advisory services to clients.
- Gain experience and training in various areas, including audits, reviews, compilations, risk management.
- Develop in-depth knowledge of clients’ businesses and industries by having direct client interaction while working on multiple aspects of an engagement.
- Enjoy friendships, social activities and team outings that encourage a work-life balance.
Our clients are both privately held and publicly traded companies, and occupy all stages of development – from start-ups and family-run businesses to multi-national corporations. This multi-faceted client base allows us to provide our staff with a variety of opportunities across numerous industries, and a constant flow of challenging and meaningful work.
Successful candidates will have:
- An undergraduate degree in accounting or an undergraduate degree with sufficient course work to sit for the CPA exam. Outstanding academic performance required, with a minimum overall GPA of 3.0 and a minimum major GPA of 3.2.
- A minimum of one (1) year of progressive auditing experience.
- CPA highly preferred.
- Demonstrated skills in the areas of communication, relationship building, personal development, collaboration, and problem solving along with initiative, adaptability and highly developed Microsoft Suite skills.
- Knowledge of U.S. Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP), U.S. Generally Accepted Auditing Standards (GAAS), and Public Company Oversight Board (PCAOB) Auditing Standards.
- Eligibility to work in the US without sponsorship.
Back to top