Experienced Audit Accountant, Construction and Real Estate
Opportunity to specialize in the Construction and Real Estate industry! Our clients are both privately held and publicly traded companies, and occupy all stages of development – from start-ups and family-run businesses to multi-national corporations. This multi-faceted client base allows us to provide our staff with a variety of opportunities across numerous industries, and a constant flow of challenging and meaningful work.
Baker Tilly Virchow Krause, LLP (Baker Tilly) is a nationally recognized, full-service accounting and advisory firm whose specialized professionals connect with clients and their businesses through refreshing candor and clear industry insight. With approximately 2,700 employees across the United States, Baker Tilly is ranked as one of the 15 largest accounting and advisory firms in the country. Headquartered in Chicago, Baker Tilly is an independent member of Baker Tilly International, a worldwide network of independent accounting and business advisory firms in 147 territories, with over 33,000 professionals. The combined worldwide revenue of independent member firms is $3.4 billion.
It’s an exciting time to join Baker Tilly!
At Baker Tilly, you will have the opportunity to:
- Gain more experience, more responsibility and greater opportunity earlier in your career.
- Work directly with partners, managers and seniors, providing audit and business advisory services to clients.
- Gain experience and training in various areas, including audits, reviews, compilations and risk management.
- Develop in-depth knowledge of clients’ businesses and industries by having direct client interaction while working on multiple aspects of an engagement.
- Enjoy friendships, social activities and team outings that encourage a work-life balance.
Successful candidates will have:
- An undergraduate degree in accounting or an undergraduate degree with sufficient course work to sit for the CPA exam.
- Minimum overall GPA of 3.0 and a minimum major GPA of 3.2.
- A minimum of one (1) year of progressive auditing experience.
- CPA highly preferred.
- The ability to work effectively in a team environment with all levels of client personnel in various industries.
- Excellent written/verbal communication and collaboration skills.
- Integrity within a professional environment.
- Eligibility to work in the US without sponsorship.
Meet Some of Baker Tilly's Employees
Partner, Risk, Internal Audit, & Cybersecurity Practice
Monica works to assist clients whose businesses face operational, financial, technological, reputational, or compliance-related challenges, and she spends her time equipping and supporting her team members to successfully meet those challenges.
Back to top