Baker Tilly Virchow Krause, LLP (Baker Tilly) is a nationally recognized, full-service accounting and advisory firm whose specialized professionals connect with clients and their businesses through refreshing candor and clear industry insight. With approximately 2,700 employees across the United States, Baker Tilly is ranked as one of the 15 largest accounting and advisory firms in the country. Headquartered in Chicago, Baker Tilly is an independent member of Baker Tilly International, a worldwide network of independent accounting and business advisory firms in 147 territories, with over 33,000 professionals. The combined worldwide revenue of independent member firms is $3.4 billion.
It’s an exciting time to join Baker Tilly!
What you’ll do
- Complete a broad variety of administrative tasks for the Firm Leader including: managing an extremely active calendar of appointments; completing expense reports; composing and preparing correspondence that is sometimes confidential; arranging detailed travel plans, itineraries, and agendas; and compiling documents for travel-related meetings.
- Experience working with international needs: Engage with, coordinate and align planning needs of multiple team-members in distinct countries and time zones. Lead scheduling of international travel arrangements and expense reporting/reconciliation.
- Compose correspondence from minimal to no notation; create memos, letters, charts, graphs, presentations; other support activities requiring the ability to take the initiative.
- Manage the scheduling of events and meetings. As requested, attend meetings and take minutes.
- Work closely and effectively with the Firm Leader to keep them well informed of upcoming commitments and responsibilities, following up appropriately. Apply prior experience and discernment to adequately anticipate needs of the role and that of Firm Leader.
- Filter Firm Leader's emails for matters that require immediate attention and send communications on behalf of the Firm Leader as needed.
- In the Partner’s absence, ensure requests for action or information are relayed to the appropriate staff person for response.
- Successfully complete critical aspects of deliverables with a hands-on approach. This will include providing general support to the leadership team, assisting the leadership team with ad hoc reporting, and other requests as needed.
- Generate organizational operating reports such as budget expenditures, statistical records of performance data, and other reports / process documents as needed.
- Assist in monitoring the progress of open items and projects. Handle sensitive and confidential information on a regular basis with discretion.
- Maintain paper-based and electronic files.
- Assist with the management of special projects as needed, including occasional collaboration with marketing in the production of materials and/or the hosting of events.
- Other duties as assigned.
Successful candidates will have
- High school diploma; Bachelor’s degree, preferred.
- Minimum 5+ years of experience supporting senior-level executives.
- Proven experience handling international travel arrangements, international expense reporting / reconciliation and complex international scheduling needs.
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, time-sensitive environment with frequent interruptions.
- Excellent verbal communication, written communication, and proofreading skills. Command of a second language, such as Spanish, a major plus.
- Demonstrated level of technical proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite Skills (Outlook, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint) at the advanced level. Experience working with SalesForce.com desirable.
- Keen sense of accuracy and attention to detail.
- A professional demeanor and the ability to handle matters confidentially.
- Ability to provide exceptional professionalism, client service and exhibit a sense of urgency to complete work in a timely manner.
- Ability to work effectively through ambiguity and change.
- Adept in the use of social media platforms such as LinkedIn and Twitter.
- Ability to work overtime and some weekends as needed.
- Eligibility to work in the U.S. without sponsorship.
Back to top