ERP Implementation Consulting Manager
Baker Tilly Virchow Krause, LLP (Baker Tilly) is a nationally recognized, full-service accounting and advisory firm whose specialized professionals connect with clients and their businesses through refreshing candor and clear industry insight. With approximately 2,700 employees across the United States, Baker Tilly is ranked as one of the 15 largest accounting and advisory firms in the country. Headquartered in Chicago, Baker Tilly is an independent member of Baker Tilly International, a worldwide network of independent accounting and business advisory firms in 147 territories, with over 33,000 professionals. The combined worldwide revenue of independent member firms is $3.4 billion.
Due to our continued growth, we are currently interviewing experienced Manufacturing and Distribution Implementation Managers to join our Midwest Enterprise Solutions Consulting team to be based in Chicago, Milwaukee, Minneapolis or Detroit. Baker Tilly professionals on our Enterprise Solutions team provide management consulting services focused on business transformation projects for mid-market manufacturing and distribution clients. In this role, we are seeking candidates who are business process-oriented with experience configuring and implementing leading ERP solutions, for example SAP, Oracle E-Business Suite, JD Edwards, Microsoft AX, IFS, Infor, and Epicor.
As a part of Baker Tilly, you will find that our global brand and entrepreneurial environment will give you the support you need to apply your industry and technical experience to build your career across a wide range of services to meet our client’s important needs. As a member of our team, you will also contribute to some of the most important activities in our firm which include operating and growing the business, serving the client, developing the best people, and shaping our culture.
- Successful execution and delivery of assigned project activities and work streams
- Leverage functional and technical skills to successfully implement leading ERP software solutions
- Understand and apply Baker Tilly’s Package Software Implementation Methodology to successfully deliver transformational projects
- Plan and lead client teams thru business process analysis and design work sessions
- Define current and future processes; conduct business process mapping and requirements gathering sessions to determine system configuration and business requirements
- Map business process requirements to software functionality, determine gap/fit, and design solutions for identified gaps
- Perform hands-on software configuration in support of target business process requirements
- Trouble shoot and resolve issues resulting from system configuration activities
- Document functional requirements and use cases for custom-development items including data conversions, interfaces, reports, forms, etc.
- Facilitate test script development and execution for assigned workstream(s)
- Facilitate and perform implementation and cut-over activities
- Provide business process, software, and project expertise to client teams
- Communicate effectively at all levels with clients and internally
- Manage assigned day-to-day project activities and development of work products and deliverables
- Provide coaching and mentoring to less experienced consultants, clients and project team members
- Contribute to the growth of the Consulting Practice and develop and implement a personal plan which sets goals for professional and practice development
- Understand Baker Tilly’s Change Management approach and tools to help clients increase user adoption of the ERP solution
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Accounting, Management/Computer Information Systems, Supply Chain Management, Operations Management, Industrial Engineering or related program
- Five (5) or more years of related experience in external consulting experience with a large consulting firm, including design and implementation of ERP or similar solutions
- Direct experience working on at multiple phases of least two ERP software implementations
- Hands-on experience with software configuration, prototyping, and testing using leading ERP software solutions, for example SAP, Oracle E-Business Suite, JD Edwards, Microsoft AX, IFS, INfor, and Epicor.
- Demonstrated expertise in business process analysis and design in one or more of the following processes: Order to Cash, Record to Report, Plan to Produce
- Passion for serving clients in the Manufacturing and Distribution industry
- Must have good presentation, organizational, and documentation skills and strong problem solving and business analysis skills
- Ability to learn quickly, communicate ideas effectively, and utilize flexibility and creativity to present a variety of solutions
- Excellent team leadership skills with proven success leading large sub-teams or small projects and the ability to manage multiple project tasks and adapt to changing priorities
- Ability to engage effectively with business and technical resources, provide exceptional client service, demonstrate commitment to continuous learning, display appropriate ethical knowledge and commitment and exhibit a sense of urgency and commitment to quality and the timely completion of projects
- Demonstrated leadership, analytical, organization, interpersonal, project management, communication skills, and highly developed Microsoft Suite skills (Word, Excel, PowerPoint) required
- Flexibility for regular weekly travel to client sites and work as needed outside of normal business hours due to client demands
Back to top