East Region State & Local Tax (SALT) Market Leader
Baker Tilly Virchow Krause, LLP (Baker Tilly) is a nationally recognized, full-service accounting and advisory firm whose specialized professionals connect with clients and their businesses through refreshing candor and clear industry insight. With approximately 2,700 employees across the United States, Baker Tilly is ranked as one of the 15 largest accounting and advisory firms in the country. Headquartered in Chicago, Baker Tilly is an independent member of Baker Tilly International, a worldwide network of independent accounting and business advisory firms in 147 territories, with over 33,000 professionals. The combined worldwide revenue of independent member firms is $3.4 billion.
It’s an exciting time to join Baker Tilly! We are seeking an East Region SALT Market Leader to help us continue to strategically build our State & Local Tax Practice.
- Proven leader to take ownership of and lead our East Region SALT practice expansion initiative
- Work closely with our firm SALT leader on strategic initiatives and action plans for each of our East Region markets (NY, PA, DC)
- Candidate must be viewed as a SALT expert and have deep long-term relationships with tax executive decision makers across multiple industries and East Region markets
- Applicant must have intimate knowledge of the Mid-Atlantic SALT marketplace and a proven ability to develop a practice through multi-channel business development initiatives
- Candidate will be expected to collaborate with partners, directors and senior managers on proposals and business development initiatives with significant SALT consulting and compliance components
- Applicant will consult, work with, service and make recommendations on business and process improvement and serve as a value added business advisor to clients and prospects
- Candidate will hire, manage, develop, train and mentor members of the East Region SALT team
- Must have the ability to plan, execute, direct, and complete SALT projects in a wide variety of industries; provide tax planning, consulting, and compliance expertise to clients; and manage to budget.
- Must be a leader in appropriate Mid-Atlantic professional organizations, maintain and expand knowledge base in area(s) of expertise, comply with continuing education requirements, etc.
- Candidate will provide thought leadership and work with the marketing team to help raise awareness of the SALT practice and its diverse and expanding capabilities
- B.S. in Accounting and CPA required
- At least 10 to 12 years of progressive SALT leadership, business development, consulting and compliance experience in public accounting
- Proven ability of building profitable long-term client relationships
- Proven ability to lead a practice and work across multiple East Region markets
- Expertise in state corporate and pass-through nexus determinations, sales sourcing, withholding provisions and multi-state income tax planning is required
- Broad exposure to State and Local Taxes including knowledge in Credits and Incentives, Sales and Use Tax, with Property Tax a plus; must be eager to work on diverse SALT issues
- Demonstrated analytical, problem-solving, organizational, interpersonal, project management, communication skills
Meet Some of Baker Tilly's Employees
Partner, Risk, Internal Audit, & Cybersecurity Practice
Monica works to assist clients whose businesses face operational, financial, technological, reputational, or compliance-related challenges, and she spends her time equipping and supporting her team members to successfully meet those challenges.
Back to top