- Philadelphia, PA
Baker Tilly Virchow Krause, LLP (Baker Tilly) is a leading advisory, tax and assurance firm whose specialized professionals guide clients through an ever-changing business world, helping them win now and anticipate tomorrow. Headquartered in Chicago, Baker Tilly, and its affiliated entities, have operations in North America, South America, Europe, Asia and Australia. Baker Tilly is an independent member of Baker Tilly International, a worldwide network of independent accounting and business advisory firms in 145 territories, with 34,700 professionals. The combined worldwide revenue of independent member firms is $3.6 billion. Visit bakertilly.com or join the conversation on LinkedIn , Facebook and Twitter .
The Database Administrator will be responsible for managing and administration of multiple Tax software systems including the CCH Axcess, Thomson GoFileRoom, Thomson GoRS, CaseWare and other operational business platforms. This position must provide superior customer service and support to internal users and Partners in accordance with the Firm's core values.
It's an exciting time to join Baker Tilly!
Baker Tilly Annual Report 2018
- Manage the administration and setup of Tax's suite of software applications, including critical platforms like CCH Axcess, Thomson GoFileRoom, Thomson GoRS, CaseWare and others.
- Manage software upgrades and changes, coordinate installs with internal IT and outsourced IT vendors, and coordinate testing with end users. Deploy new versions of the applications.
- Manage system downtime or issues with software vendors; communicate occurrences and resolution timelines to end users.
- Assist with maintaining the critical platforms' parameters including the testing and setup of new products.
- Facilitate desktop testing of Tax Suite of Applications and deployment of Office or PDF Plug-ins as required.
- Manage the onboarding of new software within Tax's technology infrastructure which may include setting parameters, defining users' permission levels, and communicating to affected Firm staff.
- Participate in audit activities and audit remediation plans under the guidance of IT.
- Under the direction of Tax's business unit leaders and IT team, research and recommend software technologies and software efficiencies that enable firm systems to better integrate and communicate with one another.
- Develop and maintain strong working relationships with all Firm lines of business to achieve operational enhancements and appropriate development and changes to technology policies and procedures.
- Work with IT team on areas such as disaster recovery planning including testing with the core and other system vendors.
- Perform vendor due diligence and risk assessments for new and existing software vendors.
- Coordinate configuration of network and virtual servers with IT or third party service providers.
- Manage the employee onboarding process as it relates to technology ensuring new users are setup with required access to Tax systems. Work with National Tax and learning and development on training across all necessary Tax applications.
- Manage the employee exit process ensuring access from business tax applications is removed timely when users leave the Firm.
- Work with National Tax to oversee change management initiatives to ensure critical software changes are documented, tested, and rolled out efficiently. Establish communication lines with Firm departments to ensure key stakeholders are involved.
- Attend job-related meetings, conferences, and training sessions as required.
- Adhere to legal and procedural requirements of duties.
- Ensure full compliance with the Firm's Information Security Policies and Procedures.
- Be flexible for work scheduling, including overtime, evenings, and weekends as required.
- Serve as backup for designated functions in the Department as required.
- Perform other duties both related and unrelated to the above may be assigned and therefore required.
- Minimum 3 years of prior operational system administration experience, preferred.
- Effective written and verbal communication skills.
- Experience administering business applications such as CCH AcXess, Thomson G oFileRoom, Thomson GoRS, CaseWare or similar.
- Excellent time management skills to complete daily requirements of the position while responding to situations requiring immediate attention, along with ability to multitask and remain focused at all times.
Baker Tilly is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability or protected veteran status, gender identity, sexual orientation, or any other legally protected basis, in accordance with applicable federal, state or local law.
Back to top