- Support firm wide strategies and initiatives by providing technical support developing and programming firm supported software.
- Provides quality service to customers by developing applications, modules and reports that meet customer and business requirements, following the firm's technological standards and documenting all work done and procedures followed.
- Works to improve the quality, performance or functionality of applications and reports used firm wide by researching new technologies and applications.
- Identifies technology requirements for requested new applications, reports, or enhancements.
- Acts as a business liaison to evaluate business and customer needs
- Maintains technical knowledge by attending technical education, attending workshops, reading publications and pursuing technical certifications.
- Maintain and comply with quality service by following organization's technology standards. Document procedures used.
- Management and prioritization of multiple competing deadlines
- Bachelor's degree in a specialized field such a computer science, management information systems, accounting, or related field is preferred
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision
- 1-3 years' experience using Visual Basic software.
- Experience with SQL Server - Including, but not limited to Reporting Services and Stored Procedures
- Excellent verbal & written communication skills
- Demonstrated analytical, problem-solving, organizational, interpersonal, project management, communication skills and solid Microsoft Suite skills required.
- Ability to provide exceptional client service, demonstrate commitment to continuous learning, display appropriate ethical knowledge and commitment and exhibit a sense of urgency and commitment to quality and the timely completion of duties.
- Prior Experience with Benefits Administration, EDI File Development, HRIS a plus
- Advanced Microsoft Access and Excel skills
Baker Tilly US, LLP (Baker Tilly) is a leading advisory, tax and assurance firm, providing clients a genuine coast-to-coast and global advantage with critical mass and top-notch talent in major regions of the U.S. and in many of the world's leading financial centers - New York, London, San Francisco, Los Angeles and Chicago. Baker Tilly is an independent member of Baker Tilly International, a worldwide network of independent accounting and business advisory firms in 148 territories, with 36,000 professionals and a combined worldwide revenue of $4.0 billion.
Many of Baker Tilly's roles have the opportunity to work remotely. Please discuss with your talent acquisition professional to understand the requirements for an opportunity you are exploring.
Baker Tilly is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability or protected veteran status, gender identity, sexual orientation, or any other legally protected basis, in accordance with applicable federal, state or local law.