Cybersecurity Technical Consulting Manager
- Chicago, IL
Baker Tilly Virchow Krause, LLP (Baker Tilly) is a nationally recognized, full-service accounting and advisory firm whose specialized professionals connect with clients and their businesses through refreshing candor and clear industry insight. With approximately 2,700 employees across the United States, Baker Tilly is ranked as one of the 15 largest accounting and advisory firms in the country. Headquartered in Chicago, Baker Tilly is an independent member of Baker Tilly International, a worldwide network of independent accounting and business advisory firms in 147 territories, with over 33,000 professionals. The combined worldwide revenue of independent member firms is $3.4 billion.
It's an exciting time to join Baker Tilly!
Baker Tilly Annual Report 2017
What you will do:
- Perform tasks in association with projects or service design including but not limited to: creation of procedures, runbooks, project plans, schedules, and workflows.
- Manage day-to-day cybersecurity and IT project activities; establish appropriate leverage on project teams and assign/manage project responsibilities to team members.
- Assist with creation of proposals and scopes of work.
- Build expertise and share your knowledge of a variety of cybersecurity related technologies including cloud computing security, cybersecurity architecture, SEIM (management and tuning), endpoint security, insider threat, cyber program design, Windows security, firewalls/routers (configuration and rule management), access control, database security, identify management, applications security, security operations centered management, forensics, and incident response/planning.
- Work closely with client executives and management teams to understand their businesses and consult with them regarding cybersecurity operations.
- Communicate effectively, both internally and to clients, including those at an executive level.
- Apply insights and knowledge of cybersecurity and enterprise IT to enable clients to solve complex business problems.
- Provide coaching, mentoring and performance counseling to consultants, clients and project team members.
- Balance client and practice development activities, including active participation in internal projects and operations along with complying with firm standards.
- Contribute to the general management of the Risk, Internal Audit, and Cybersecurity (RIAC) Practice and develop and implement a personal plan which sets goals for professional and practice development.
- Work as part of a team in a fast-pa ced environment with other bright, motivated professionals, and assist with the development of our growing team.
Successful candidates will have:
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Information Systems Management, Computer Information Systems, Cybersecurity, Computer Engineering, or related program.
- 5+ year(s) experience in cyber risk analysis, cybersecurity operations, cybersecurity architecture/design, cybersecurity consulting, or security operations management.
- Experience in performing cybersecurity and IT processes including:
- Logical user access security
- Security operations center activities
- Creation of policies and procedures
- Security Threat Modeling
- Breach response/incident response
- Penetration testing and vulnerability scanning
- Physical security and environmental controls
- Change and configuration management
- Business continuity and disaster recovery planning
- Cybersecurity protections and defenses
- Compliance requirements
- Cybersecurity program management/creation
- Experience implementing common industry frameworks such as: NIST CSF, ISO 27000, COBIT, COSO, NIST 800-171, NIST 800-53, and Critical Security Controls (SANS Top 20).
- Excellent analytical, technical and problem solving skills, with strong attention to detail.
- Exceptional verbal and written communication, collaboration, and time management skills.
- Ability to adapt to various work environments, industries, and project schedules.
- Ability to work effectively in a team environment with all levels of personnel.
- Ability to travel up to 25%
- CISSP, CSX or CISM certifications preferred.
Back to top