Customer Service Representative
Baker Tilly Virchow Krause, LLP (Baker Tilly) is a nationally recognized, full-service accounting and advisory firm whose specialized professionals connect with clients and their businesses through refreshing candor and clear industry insight. With approximately 2,700 employees across the United States, Baker Tilly is ranked as one of the 15 largest accounting and advisory firms in the country. Headquartered in Chicago, Baker Tilly is an independent member of Baker Tilly International, a worldwide network of independent accounting and business advisory firms in 147 territories, with over 33,000 professionals. The combined worldwide revenue of independent member firms is $3.4 billion.
It’s an exciting time to join Baker Tilly!
A Client Service Representative at the Baker Tilly Vantagen Employee Benefits Center is responsible for delivering an excellent client employee service experience. In this role, you will be providing customer service and support to our clients’ enrolled in medical benefits plans and account based services via phone, chat, voicemail and email. Responsibilities include following the service center expectations and unit procedures to efficiently assist participants with account inquiries tied primarily to balances, qualifying expense types and claimed expense reimbursements. CSRs will also assist with online benefits assistance for enrollment assistance, and provide general education about Medical, Dental, Vision, insurance as well as FSA, HSA and HRA benefits. COBRA, retirement benefits and LOAs inquiries will also be handled.
Servicing hours run from 8 a.m. to 5:30 p.m., Monday through Friday, however may extend from 8:00 a.m to 8:00 p.m. All scheduling is developed in direct consideration of these servicing hours, and may vary.
- Project a professional attitude and positive image of Baker Tilly Vantagen to everyone you encounter.
- Adhere to unit guidelines when servicing our customers. Treat people with respect under all circumstances, instill trust in others, and uphold the values of the organization.
- Maintain awareness of client updates, policy or procedure changes.
- Listen carefully to inquiries to ensure appropriate responses. Communicate with different personality types.
- Complete the necessary follow-up actions to notify the appropriate Baker Tilly Vantagen team members of problems requiring their attention.
- Ability to meet or exceed established goals for both internal call monitoring audits and client satisfaction surveys.
- Meet or exceed established call center metrics.
- Adhere to attendance and punctuality standards.
- Adapt to change and meet the changing demands of the work environment.
- Assist other department personnel as needed due to fluctuating workloads.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
- Compliance with HIPAA regulations and all Baker Tilly Vantagen guidelines.
- High School Diploma required, Associates Degree preferred.
- A minimum of 1 year of service experience with high level of customer engagement.
- A basic understanding of health insurance terminology is preferred.
- Ability to effectively work in a call center environment.
- Ability to work in high pressure environment and deal effectively with all customers.
- Commitment to high quality service.
- Excellent oral & written communication skills.
- Strong data entry skills and proficiency in the use of a PC, including use of multiple applications simultaneously.
- Ability to locate and interpret complex information from a variety of data sources.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced production and quality environment to meet required standards.
- Ability to work independently and also in a team.
Back to top