CRM Operations Manager
Baker Tilly Virchow Krause, LLP (Baker Tilly) is a nationally recognized, full-service accounting and advisory firm whose specialized professionals connect with clients and their businesses through refreshing candor and clear industry insight. With approximately 2,700 employees across the United States, Baker Tilly is ranked as one of the 15 largest accounting and advisory firms in the country. Headquartered in Chicago, Baker Tilly is an independent member of Baker Tilly International, a worldwide network of independent accounting and business advisory firms in 147 territories, with over 33,000 professionals. The combined worldwide revenue of independent member firms is $3.4 billion.
Baker Tilly is seeking a highly qualified CRM (Customer Relationship Management) Operations Manager to successfully lead, implement and manage projects which involve sales & marketing strategy, process, systems, training and communications.
The CRM Operations Manager is responsible for managing the CRM system (Salesforce.com) for Baker Tilly with a majority of the focus being on managing our user experience, data quality and application maintenance/enhancements. He/she will oversee our internal Salesforce.com team and be responsible for on-going implementation and support of multiple projects.
The right candidate must be able to lead and contribute to all technical aspects of CRM projects, including data integration, data integrity, and solution configuration on the Salesforce platform, so extensive Salesforce.com experience is required. He/she will need to collaborate with key business users, development teams, and Executive leadership to implement solutions that exceed the expectations of internal stakeholders.
This position will act as the liaison between the sales, marketing, finance, HR and IT teams to gather business requirements and provide solutions. This position will develop, manage, and optimize sales and marketing strategies and processes within SFDC, and will bring an analytical problem-solving approach, relentless drive, and a sharp focus on taking steps that impact our business.
It’s an exciting time to join Baker Tilly!
- A focus on business solution alignment, from requirements definition to functional design, to use case-based testing and training programs, to change management (leveraged communication plans, training, etc.)
- Manage the implementation of our transformational CRM platform development (Salesforce.com) as well as other firm-wide process improvement and training initiatives which include business process changes and technology implementation over the entire lifecycle of a project.
- Engage and guide stakeholders such as CSO, CMO, Managing Partners, Team Leaders and practice professionals to identify and address process, system and reporting improvements
- Proactively work with Baker Tilly teams and analyze data to identify opportunities for Salesforce.com to increase productivity, provide automation and/or reduce risk
- Present written recommendations, requirements, and insights to senior leaders and stakeholders that will facilitate prioritization and project assignment
- Detailed understanding of sales processes and sales reporting including sale forecasting, sales force automation, and territory planning & management
- Assist Product and Technology in the design, development, and implementation of scalable, innovative solutions leveraging the platform
- Ability to successfully manage two or more concurrent projects, successfully delivering promised results
- Keep up-to-date on the latest Salesforce.com applications and enhancements to determine appropriate partnerships and improvements to our CRM
- Oversee the support backlog within the platform and prioritize, resolve and escalate as appropriate
- Develop materials and lead training for sales teams on best practices with Salesforce.com
- Bachelor or Master’s Degree in Business Administration, Marketing, Computer Science, etc
- 10+ years of operations, systems and process improvement experience.
- 5+ years project management experience including full lifecycle application development (e.g. requirements gathering, use case development, system analysis, design, integration, testing, deployment)
- Knowledge of Agile development practices, particularly sprint planning and assessment
- Experience in business process design, functional requirements definition, functional design, ongoing business analyst/constituency management and communication
- Demonstrated management, analytical, organizational, interpersonal, project management, communication skills, and highly developed Microsoft Suite skills (Word, Excel) required
- Ability to decompose scope into detailed activities and deliverables, then conduct work package handoff to delivery resources from Baker Tilly, client team, and third party vendors
- Previous “hands on” system implementation project experience is highly preferred, for example, experience with SQL scripting, relational database design, report authoring, business rules development, analytical software development, etc
- Strong communication, meeting facilitation, and organizational skills with ability to express complex business concepts in technical terms via presentations and written format
- Ability to work in a dynamic environment, serving stakeholders from a broad range of business areas and across multiple geographies comfortably to large groups of C-level stakeholders
- Expert influencing skills to manage enterprise stakeholders, business partners, and teams of diverse composition (e.g. varying skill sets; in-house and outsourced) who are not direct reports
- Ability to work independently and effectively in a dynamic professional services environment, building relationships with many key stakeholders
- Proven understanding of and detailed experience with Salesforce.com, specifically Sales Cloud as well as marketing automation systems such as Marketing Cloud, Pardot or Eloqua
- In-depth understanding of the capabilities and constraints of the SFDC CRM application coupled with understanding of the business processes (Sales, Marketing, etc.)
- Strong preference for Certification as Salesforce Administrator
- Any project management and/or business process management certification
- Ability to travel (10-25%)
Meet Some of Baker Tilly's Employees
Partner, Risk, Internal Audit, & Cybersecurity Practice
Monica works to assist clients whose businesses face operational, financial, technological, reputational, or compliance-related challenges, and she spends her time equipping and supporting her team members to successfully meet those challenges.
Back to top