Cost Segregation Consultant
Baker Tilly Virchow Krause, LLP (Baker Tilly) is a nationally recognized, full-service accounting and advisory firm whose specialized professionals connect with clients and their businesses through refreshing candor and clear industry insight. With approximately 2,700 employees across the United States, Baker Tilly is ranked as one of the 15 largest accounting and advisory firms in the country. Headquartered in Chicago, Baker Tilly is an independent member of Baker Tilly International, a worldwide network of independent accounting and business advisory firms in 147 territories, with over 33,000 professionals. The combined worldwide revenue of independent member firms is $3.4 billion.
It’s an exciting time to join Baker Tilly!
- Prepare comprehensive fixed asset engagements including cost segregation, repairs and maintenance and depreciation studies
- Research and draft technical memoranda related to fixed asset matters
- Develop industry expertise to help the Fixed Asset Team deliver more proactive and targeted fixed asset strategies to clients and prospects
- Provide audit defense assistance for clients being audited by the IRS or state taxing authorities
- Develop data models to help automate the cost segregation calculation and documentation processes
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering, Construction Management, Accounting or related field required.
- 1+ years of work experience with cost segregation experience ideal
- Proficient in Microsoft Office, specifically advanced knowledge of Excel and Access
- Strong analytical, problem solving, critical thinking and decision making skills
- Strong organizational, communication, and interpersonal skills
- Passion for finding creative and efficient solutions to analytical problems
- Ability to work effectively both independently and as part of a team
- Willingness to travel to client locations and various Baker Tilly office locations
Meet Some of Baker Tilly's Employees
Partner, Risk, Internal Audit, & Cybersecurity Practice
Monica works to assist clients whose businesses face operational, financial, technological, reputational, or compliance-related challenges, and she spends her time equipping and supporting her team members to successfully meet those challenges.
Back to top