Business Reporting Analyst
Baker Tilly Virchow Krause, LLP (Baker Tilly) is a nationally recognized, full-service accounting and advisory firm whose specialized professionals connect with clients and their businesses through refreshing candor and clear industry insight. With approximately 2,700 employees across the United States, Baker Tilly is ranked as one of the 15 largest accounting and advisory firms in the country. Headquartered in Chicago, Baker Tilly is an independent member of Baker Tilly International, a worldwide network of independent accounting and business advisory firms in 147 territories, with over 33,000 professionals. The combined worldwide revenue of independent member firms is $3.4 billion.
It’s an exciting time to join Baker Tilly!
Responsible for development and maintenance of firm-wide reporting systems. This includes prototyping reports, designing ETL components, and prioritizing requests for enhancements to the reporting system. Also responsible for supporting users firm-wide with ad-hoc reporting, and data integration to better gather, store and utilize data.
- Develop enhancements and make modifications to the reporting systems used by the firm. This includes, but is not limited to: the development of custom level queries, reports and actual system development work as needed, including time estimates to complete.
- Troubleshooting and resolution of data issues
- Extract and cleanse data from multiple systems, and provides further research into data
- Interpret business objectives and needs, assess alternatives and provide innovative and logical solutions
- Carry out Reporting team initiatives through identifying end user requirements, development, testing and support of reports, data warehouses and data analysis
- Use effective time management with appropriate prioritization to ensure all assigned responsibilities are executed on time and with the quality expected
- Provide exceptional customer service
- Provide second level support for STAR (Time & Billing System) and other data intensive web applications
- Research new technologies and applications that can improve the quality, performance or functionality of reporting applications used firm-wide
- Maintain technical knowledge by attending technical education, attending workshops, reading publications and/or pursuing technical certifications
- Manage projects using IT project management methodologies, including concept, design, budget, implementation and training phases
- Maintain and comply with quality service by following organization’s technological standards. Document procedures used.
- Receive directions from Technology Manager, Reporting Manager or others, as needed
- All other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree in a specialized field such as business, finance, computer science, management information systems, or a related field
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision
- Minimum of one (1) to two (2) year’s experience or equivalent course-work
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and the ability to interact professionally with a diverse group, executives, managers, and subject matter experts
- Strong problem-solving skills
- SQL Service experience required
- Experience using Microsoft Power BI, SQL Server Analysis Services, and/or SQL Server Reporting Services preferred
Back to top