Business Operations Senior Manager
Baker Tilly Virchow Krause, LLP (Baker Tilly) is a nationally recognized, full-service accounting and advisory firm whose specialized professionals connect with clients and their businesses through refreshing candor and clear industry insight. With approximately 2,700 employees across the United States, Baker Tilly is ranked as one of the 15 largest accounting and advisory firms in the country. Headquartered in Chicago, Baker Tilly is an independent member of Baker Tilly International, a worldwide network of independent accounting and business advisory firms in 147 territories, with over 33,000 professionals. The combined worldwide revenue of independent member firms is $3.4 billion.
It’s an exciting time to join Baker Tilly! We are currently looking for a Business Operations Senior Manager to join the Baker Tilly Advantage team in Madison, WI.
Baker Tilly Advantage delivers a modernized and comprehensive approach to meeting our client’s accounting, tax, and financial reporting needs. The Advantage team combines core service needs with industry expertise and cloud accounting solutions to deliver customized dashboards and reports that assist our clients in making strategic business decisions. This approach allows us to play an integral role in our clients’ management team, and provide a customizable service bundle that meets their needs.
Vendor and Practice Management
- Establish systematic procedures to accomplish accounting tasks
- Document best practices and processes
- Develop on-boarding and training curriculum for existing and new employees across team
- Establish metrics to effectively monitor workflow, accuracy, efficiency and profitability
- Design and implement a workflow scheduling and tracking system
- Assist in creating leverage models to help determine hiring needs to manage client demands and profitability
- Ensure effective billing and collections procedures are established and utilized
- Establish efficient, secure data transfer
- Maintain communication with vendors regarding application enhancement and product roadmaps
- Oversee vendor management and security protocols
- Attend industry and vendor events
- Investigate, recommend and implement improvements and solutions (technology, process, etc.)
- Remain current in technology and techniques that improve client service and efficiency
- Read industry related material
Client Implementation & On-Boarding
- Develop, maintain and continually enhance a repeatable (but flexible) process for on-boarding new clients
- Maintain communication loop with sales functions and accounting function to enhance and improve on-boarding experience, efficiency, etc.
- Measure and monitor on boarding projects to ensure they are delivered on time and on budget and client satisfaction is high
Leadership and Coaching
- Member of Advantage Leadership Committee
- Hire, train and supervise on-boarding specialists to meet client demand
- Coach and mentor junior staff
- Bachelor's Degree required
- Master's Degree preferred
- 8+ years of relevant business operations and technology implementation experience
- Six Sigma/Lean Management experience/certification preferred
- Ability to lead teams through change
- Strong active listening and consulting skills
- Ability to use critical thinking skills to resolve problems
- Creative and strategic thinking; future focused outlook
- Exceptional organizational and time management skills
- Exceptional relationship building and communication skills, with emphasis on interpersonal communication, and client/customer service and vendor relationships
- Ability to coach and mentor junior staff
- Ability to learn and apply new concepts, procedures, and technology quickly
- Eligibility to work in the U.S. without sponsorship.
Meet Some of Baker Tilly's Employees
Partner, Risk, Internal Audit, & Cybersecurity Practice
Monica works to assist clients whose businesses face operational, financial, technological, reputational, or compliance-related challenges, and she spends her time equipping and supporting her team members to successfully meet those challenges.
Back to top