Business Development Director, Construction & Real Estate
Baker Tilly Virchow Krause, LLP (Baker Tilly) is a nationally recognized, full-service accounting and advisory firm whose specialized professionals connect with clients and their businesses through refreshing candor and clear industry insight. With approximately 2,700 employees across the United States, Baker Tilly is ranked as one of the 15 largest accounting and advisory firms in the country. Headquartered in Chicago, Baker Tilly is an independent member of Baker Tilly International, a worldwide network of independent accounting and business advisory firms in 147 territories, with over 33,000 professionals. The combined worldwide revenue of independent member firms is $3.4 billion.
It’s an exciting time to join Baker Tilly!
- Create annual sales territory plans and associated target lists with practitioners and in alignment with team business plan, as a blueprint to attain annual sales goals (individual and team)
- Research and contact key individuals of influence at target organizations to assess and qualify their need for BT services
- Introduce partners, directors and managers to qualified prospective clients and assist with managing the sales cycle for efficient, solutions-based, business development pursuits
- Work collaboratively with firm partners, senior leaders and marketing team members to execute practice development strategies and market penetration
- Provide input into strategy development relative to sales methodologies, service product development and key industry marketing initiatives
- Gather competitive intelligence and knowledge surrounding industry trends, share insights with client services, marketing and sales teams
- Document business development activity with prospective clients to track and manage sales-related information in Firm’s client relationship management system (CRM) system.
- Create innovative ideas for industry-focused relationship-building events, strengthen firm brand awareness through active external organization and event involvement
- Thoughtfully coach practitioners in sales methodology and assist them in mastering the business development process for repeatability.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Marketing, Accounting, Finance, or Economics preferred
- Master’s Degree or other applicable advanced degree desired
- Ten (10) plus years of business development experience, selling professional services highly desired
- Deep industry or service line experience within the relevant vertical or service line
- Experienced and comfortable utilizing a CRM system
- Successful track record of achieving business development goals for a professional services firm
- Solid analytical, organizational, project management and communication (oral and written) skills
- Ability to grasp emerging technical issues and become conversant quickly
- Maturity and adaptability -- ability to interface with a variety of personality profiles
- Ability to travel overnight (30%) on a regional and national basis
Meet Some of Baker Tilly's Employees
Partner, Risk, Internal Audit, & Cybersecurity Practice
Monica works to assist clients whose businesses face operational, financial, technological, reputational, or compliance-related challenges, and she spends her time equipping and supporting her team members to successfully meet those challenges.
Back to top