Business Development Director
- San Francisco, CA
- Understand all key service offerings well enough to know and explain their application in the markets served by your sponsoring team(s) to key decision-making executives in the marketplace
- Have conversational knowledge of other major service offerings outside of your team(s) with intersection into your target market(s); to leverage Firm strategy of providing or enhancing value for an integrated-reinforcing marketplace
- Perform regular, aggressive and prompt follow up on all Firm-generated leads assigned from campaigns, or ad hoc requests from practice leadership
- Maintain a clear understanding of who your team wishes to target for Business Development(BD) purposes - and why. Help refine and stay on top of "ideal" client profiles and work streams to remain aligned with practice leadership
- Regularly inform practice leadership of changing market dynamics and other factors influencing accounts of strategic importance
- Regularly document BD activities in CRM and maintain an up-to-date "pipeline" of qualified opportunities, using Firm protocols for documentation
- Attain closed business revenue goals associated with both new accounts and existing client accounts (as appropriate), to ensure a profitable return to Firm each FY
- Participate as a key team member on all relevant market development meetings and other in-house discussions
- Collaborate with other BD leaders and practice leaders for an integrated Go-to-Market (GTM) approach
- Perform account planning and key account research to optimize BD efforts and account penetration
- Make primary out-reach efforts, coordinated with marketing personnel on campaigns including prospect calls, emails and other mechanisms to secure appointments with COI individuals
- Undergraduate degree from an accredited college or university required; Graduate degree preferred
- 10+ years of experience in professional services ((e.g. accounting, law, IT, engineering, management consulting, etc.)
- Ability to work under a defined and planned directive with minimal direct day to day supervision for implementation
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to travel 50-80% as needed
Baker Tilly US, LLP (Baker Tilly) is a leading advisory, tax and assurance firm, providing clients a genuine coast-to-coast and global advantage with critical mass and top-notch talent in major regions of the U.S. and in many of the world's leading financial centers - New York, London, San Francisco, Los Angeles and Chicago. Baker Tilly is an independent member of Baker Tilly International, a worldwide network of independent accounting and business advisory firms in 148 territories, with 36,000 professionals and a combined worldwide revenue of $4.0 billion.
Many of Baker Tilly's roles have the opportunity to work remotely. Please discuss with your talent acquisition professional to understand the requirements for an opportunity you are exploring.
Baker Tilly is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability or protected veteran status, gender identity, sexual orientation, or any other legally protected basis, in accordance with applicable federal, state or local law.
Back to top