Baker Tilly Virchow Krause, LLP (Baker Tilly) is a nationally recognized, full-service accounting and advisory firm whose specialized professionals connect with clients and their businesses through refreshing candor and clear industry insight. With approximately 2,700 employees across the United States, Baker Tilly is ranked as one of the 15 largest accounting and advisory firms in the country. Headquartered in Chicago, Baker Tilly is an independent member of Baker Tilly International, a worldwide network of independent accounting and business advisory firms in 147 territories, with over 33,000 professionals. The combined worldwide revenue of independent member firms is $3.4 billion.
It’s an exciting time to join Baker Tilly!
Due to the continued growth of our Consulting practice we are currently recruiting for a Business Analyst to join our Chicago office. As a part of Baker Tilly Consulting, you will find that our global brand and entrepreneurial environment will give you the support you need to apply your industry and technical experience to build your career across a wide range of services to meet our client’s most important needs.
As a member of our consulting team at Baker Tilly you will provide clients with best practice knowledge in application development and manage application development through the lifecycle of a project. In addition, you will work with clients in all phases of development from project envisioning through deployment and support.
- Manage application development team members through the lifecycle of a project. Create and facilitate solution architecture designs and provide the overall management of the process.
- Manage forecasting, negotiating and tracking project costs/budgeting throughout the application development project lifecycle.
- Performs risk based assessments of new projects or in-flight projects to determine potential project issues.
- Develop long term roadmaps which describe delivering large scale solutions via a series of projects. Identify, foster, and incorporate application development industry best practices.
- Act as the liaison among the executive committee members, stakeholders, and development team.
- Manage third party vendor relationships to resource specific development needs.
- Manage and execute test plan activities.
- Work to build Project Services capabilities within Baker Tilly.
- Build project approach and proposals for Project Services opportunities with new clients.
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting, business, finance, engineering, computer science, management information systems, or related field.
- Minimum of one (1) year of related experience; previous related industry and consulting experience highly preferred
- Demonstrate management, analytical, organization, interpersonal, project management, communication skills, and highly developed Microsoft Suite skills (Word, Excel) required.
- Ability to lead and supervise others, provide exceptional client service, demonstrate commitment to continuous learning in order to stay current regarding applicable strategies, see the "big picture" as well as the details, display appropriate ethical knowledge and commitment, and exhibit a sense of urgency and commitment to quality and the timely completion of projects.
- Project experience with full lifecycle application development (e.g. requirements gathering, use case development, system analysis and design, integration, testing, deployment).
- Excellent Project Management skills with proven success leading projects.
- Flexibility to travel to client site as needed and work outside of normal business hours due to client demands.
Back to top