Back End Developer
As we continue to navigate the impact of COVID-19, you may encounter a longer job application, interview experience and/or a deferred offer of employment for this position.
Baker Tilly, the 4th fastest growing CPA advisory firm in the nation, has an incredible career opportunity for a Developer with experience across multiple industries, to join our growing Digital Team.
Baker Tilly professionals on our Digital Team provide management consulting services for mid to large size companies. This division is fast paced, looking for individual's that can balance projects, be autonomous, and fantastic team players.
You will enjoy this role if you:
- You enjoy supporting a variety of industries and embedding yourself with client teams to work together to find a solution.
- You enjoy being face to face with clients, understand who the key stakeholders on projects are, and positively influence the business need behind the use of data.
- You are constantly looking to grow your education in technology and staying up to date with the latest trends.
- You are a team player that encourages collaboration and has an intrapreneurial mind.
- You enjoy sharing what you learned with the team and are willing to be a mentor to others.
- You love to learn and enjoy putting yourself out of your comfort zone and have done or at least entertained the idea of speaking at tech events.
- Enjoy building relationships with your colleagues through social activities and team outings supporting work-life balance.
- You have and are interested in maintaining different technical certifications.
What you will do:
- You will be responsible for working within an agile environment to aid in the delivery of a managed service defined by the Architect or Project Manager.
- Lead or support the day to day sprint activities provided to you by your pod leader.
- Work to understand business processes and possible improvements across an array of industries.
- Utilize your scoping talents to help identify more areas within the business that our team can successfully impact for future projects.
- Demonstrable experience architecting, developing, and implementing scalable web and mobile applications
- Experience designing and building RESTful APIs
- Experience with front-end frameworks (Angular, React, Vue)
- Experience with relational databases (SQL Server, PostgreSQL, Oracle, MySQL)
- Experience with document-oriented databases (MongoDB, Cosmos)
- Proficient in Agile SDLC methodologies
- Experience with source control toolsets (Git, TFS)
- Experience with development on Azure and/or AWS
- At least one AWS or Azure certification
- Agile lifecycle management software (Jira, Azure DevOps)
- Experience building cross-platform mobile applications a plus (React Native, Ionic, Cordova, Xamarin)
- Experience with data visualization a plus (Power BI, Tableau, D3.js, Highcharts)
- Exhibit responsibility and accountability towards quality completion of projects and consistently hitting project timelines.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills and are not ashamed to ask questions or raise concern on projects.
- Outstanding customer service skills following proper business requirements and human resources expectations.
- Disciplined to be able to work in a variety of business environments.
- Ability to travel potentially up to 50% of the time.
- Maintained a Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Math, Information Technology, or other related discipline.
Baker Tilly US, LLP (Baker Tilly) is a leading advisory, tax and assurance firm, providing clients a genuine coast-to-coast and global advantage with critical mass and top-notch talent in major regions of the U.S. and in many of the world's leading financial centers - New York, London, San Francisco, Los Angeles and Chicago. Baker Tilly is an independent member of Baker Tilly International, a worldwide network of independent accounting and business advisory firms in 148 territories, with 36,000 professionals and a combined worldwide revenue of $4.0 billion.
Many of Baker Tilly's roles have the opportunity to work remotely. Please discuss with your talent acquisition professional to understand the requirements for an opportunity you are exploring.
Baker Tilly is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability or protected veteran status, gender identity, sexual orientation, or any other legally protected basis, in accordance with applicable federal, state or local law.
Back to top