Auditor - Springfield, IL
- Springfield, IL
Seize the opportunity to jumpstart your career at Baker Tilly! In this role, you'll have the chance to work directly within the Construction and Real Estate industries, while providing services to the Illinois Department of Transportation at its headquarters in Springfield, IL. You will go beyond traditional audit and advisory services by ensuring quality compliance and conduct investigation for one of the most effective and largest transportation systems in the nation.
In this position, you'll earn excellent experience, while maintaining a strong work-life balance working Monday to Friday from 7 a.m. to 3:30 p.m. Though this position requires the auditor to launch their career in Springfield, it includes great opportunity for a candidate who exhibits strong performance to relocate to our Madison office to continue their career within the firm's niche specialty of contract auditing. Among nationwide CPA firms, Baker Tilly is valued as a trusted business advisor and one of the three top providers of single audits under Uniform Guidance. Begin your career with a firm that has a proven track record of leading expertise in the area!
- Be a trusted member of the engagement team providing various assurance and consulting services to the Illinois Department of Transportation.
- Positively impact your clients financial statements and business operations through:
- Proactively engaging with your client throughout the year to gather needed information to complete Single Audit testing, responding to questions raised and following up appropriately.
- Performing substantive testing as needed.
- Testing for deficiencies of internal controls and discussing recommendations for improvement.
- Reviewing and analyzing various costs associated with billing to ensure compliance with rules and regulations, investigating discrepancies and elevating as appropriate.
- Learn and grow from direct on the job coaching and mentoring along with participating in firm wide learning and development programs.
- Utilize your entrepreneurial skills to network and build strong relationships internally and externally with clients.
- Bachelor's Degree in Accounting with 120 credits minimum; 150 credits preferred.
- Have a GPA of 3.0 or above preferred.
- Demonstrated skills in the areas of communication, relationship building, personal development, collaboration, and problem solving along with initiative and adaptability.
- Highly developed Microsoft Suite skills.
- Be eligible to work in the US without sponsorship during the intern program and as a full-time employee.
Baker Tilly US, LLP (Baker Tilly) is a leading advisory, tax and assurance firm whose specialized professionals guide clients through an ever-changing business world, helping them win now and anticipate tomorrow. Headquartered in Chicago, Baker Tilly, and its affiliated entities, have operations in North America, South America, Europe, Asia and Australia. Baker Tilly is an independent member of Baker Tilly International, a worldwide network of independent accounting and business advisory firms in 146 territories, with 36,000 professionals. The combined worldwide revenue of independent member firms is $3.9 billion. Visit bakertilly.com or join the conversation on LinkedIn, Facebook and Twitter.
It's an exciting time to join Baker Tilly!
Learn more about us today!
Baker Tilly is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability or protected veteran status, gender identity, sexual orientation, or any other legally protected basis, in accordance with applicable federal, state or local law.
Back to top