Audit Senior or Manager
Experience the difference, experience the Baker Tilly difference. Be relevant, dedicate yourself to one industry and become the expert every client desires. Be challenged, experience greater responsibility and learning opportunities earlier in your career. Be someone, don’t be a number. We treat everyone as individuals with their own unique goals and aspirations. Be heard, your opinions and contributions matter – everyday.
At Baker Tilly, we live core values of collaboration, integrity, passion and stewardship. They represent who we are, what we stand for, and what we are working together to achieve. We embrace an inspiring workplace that provides opportunity for our people to learn, grow, and contribute while being solid corporate citizens, engaged in and giving back to the communities where we live and work.
Baker Tilly Virchow Krause, LLP (Baker Tilly) is a leading advisory, tax and assurance firm whose specialized professionals guide clients through an ever-changing business world, helping them win now and anticipate tomorrow. Headquartered in Chicago, Baker Tilly, and its affiliated entities, have operations in North America, South America, Europe, Asia and Australia. Baker Tilly is an independent member of Baker Tilly International, a worldwide network of independent accounting and business advisory firms in 147 territories, with 33,600 professionals. The combined worldwide revenue of independent member firms is $3.4 billion. Visit bakertilly.com or join the conversation on LinkedIn, Facebook and Twitter.
It’s an exciting time to join Baker Tilly!
- Oversee the day to day activities of financial statement audits, reviews, compilations, agreed upon procedures and special projects.
- Identify accounting, financial statement, and reporting issues, based on professional guidelines including U.S. GAAP and IFRS.
- Provide recommendations for business and process improvements based upon knowledge gained relative to the client’s operations, processes, and business objectives.
- Proactively build relationships and communicate effectively with the client to provide superior client service.
- Supervise and lead the staff through counsel, guidance and coaching. Evaluate performance on client engagements.
- Invest in professional development through active participation in training sessions and networking events both internally and externally.
- Assist with recruiting activities to include campus recruiting along with referring experienced individuals to the firm and participating in the firm's Employee Referral Bonus Program.
- Demonstrate excellent team skills, positive attitude and high ethical standards.
- Bachelor's Degree in Accounting, 150 credits to sit for the CPA exam required. Master’s Degree or other advanced degree desired.
- CPA preferred.
- Three (3) to seven (7) years of experience providing attest services in a professional services firm.
- Knowledge of U.S. Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP), U.S. Generally Accepted Auditing Standards (GAAS), and Public Company Oversight Board (PCAOB) Auditing Standards.
- Demonstrated skills in the areas of communication, relationship building, personal development, collaboration, and problem solving along with initiative, adaptability and highly developed Microsoft Suite skills.
Back to top