Audit Senior - Not-For-Profit
Baker Tilly Virchow Krause, LLP (Baker Tilly) is a leading advisory, tax and assurance firm whose specialized professionals guide clients through an ever-changing business world, helping them win now and anticipate tomorrow. Headquartered in Chicago, Baker Tilly, and its affiliated entities, have operations in North America, South America, Europe, Asia and Australia. Baker Tilly is an independent member of Baker Tilly International, a worldwide network of independent accounting and business advisory firms in 147 territories, with 33,600 professionals. The combined worldwide revenue of independent member firms is $3.4 billion. Visit bakertilly.com or join the conversation on LinkedIn, Facebook and Twitter.
It’s an exciting time to join Baker Tilly!
What you'll do:
- Oversee the day to day activities of financial statement audits, reviews, compilations, agreed upon procedures and special projects
- Work closely with the firm's Not-for-Profit clients
- Identify accounting, financial statement, and reporting issues, based on professional guidelines including U.S. GAAP and IFRS
- Provide recommendations for business and process improvements based upon knowledge gained relative to the client’s operations, processes, and business objectives
- Pro-actively build relationships and communicate effectively with the client to provide superior client service
- Supervise and lead the staff through counsel, guidance and coaching. Evaluate performance on client engagements.
- Invest in professional development through active participation in training sessions and networking events both internally and externally
- Assist with recruiting activities to include campus recruiting along with referring experienced individuals to the firm and participating in the firm's Employee Referral Bonus Program
- Demonstrate excellent team skills, positive attitude and high ethical standards
Successful candidates will have:
- A Bachelors degree and credits qualifying to sit for the CPA exam required
- Master’s degree in accounting preferred
- Knowledge of Not-for-Profit industry preferred, but not required.
- 2+ years of experience providing attest services in a professional services firm
- Ability to provide exceptional client service, demonstrate commitment to continuous learning, display appropriate ethical knowledge and commitment and exhibit a sense of urgency and commitment to quality and the timely completion of duties
- Demonstrated analytical, problem-solving, organizational, interpersonal, project management, communication skills and solid Microsoft Suite skills required
- Knowledge of U.S. Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP), U.S. Generally Accepted Auditing Standards (GAAS), and the Uniform Guidance
Meet Some of Baker Tilly's Employees
Monica D.Partner, Risk, Internal Audit, & Cybersecurity Practice
Monica works to assist clients whose businesses face operational, financial, technological, reputational, or compliance-related challenges, and she spends her time equipping and supporting her team members to successfully meet those challenges.
Back to top