Audit Senior Manager, Construction and Real Estate
Great opportunity to specialize in the Construction/Real Estate industry!
Baker Tilly Virchow Krause, LLP (Baker Tilly) is a nationally recognized, full-service accounting and advisory firm whose specialized professionals connect with clients and their businesses through refreshing candor and clear industry insight. With approximately 2,700 employees across the United States, Baker Tilly is ranked as one of the 15 largest accounting and advisory firms in the country. Headquartered in Chicago, Baker Tilly is an independent member of Baker Tilly International, a worldwide network of independent accounting and business advisory firms in 147 territories, with over 33,000 professionals. The combined worldwide revenue of independent member firms is $3.4 billion.
It’s an exciting time to join Baker Tilly!
- Oversee the efforts of multiple client engagements and act as a resource for engagement team members through application of extensive knowledge and experience.
- Identify accounting, financial statement, and reporting issues, based on professional guidelines including U.S. GAAP and IFRS.
- Provide recommendations for business and process improvements based upon knowledge gained relative to the client’s operations, processes, and business objectives.
- Proactively build relationships and communicate effectively with the client to provide superior client service.
- Participate in business development efforts to include working collaboratively with Senior Managers, Partners, and Marketing to target and build relationships with client prospects and acquire additional business.
- Manage, supervise, train and lead the staff through counsel, guidance and coaching. Evaluate performance and participate in individual's performance appraisal process.
- Manage engagements and projects in order to achieve specific revenue and profit objectives through the management of the client's budget, invoicing for time incurred and collecting fees billed.
- Invest in professional development through active participation in training sessions and networking events both internally and externally.
- Assist with recruiting activities to include campus recruiting along with referring experienced individuals to the firm and participating in the firm's Employee Referral Bonus Program.
- Demonstrate excellent team skills, positive attitude and high ethical standards.
- Bachelor's Degree in Accounting, Master’s Degree or other advanced degree desired.
- CPA required.
- Five (5) plus years of experience providing attest services in a professional services firm including two (2) plus years supervisory experience.
- Construction/Real Estate experience with demonstrated technical expertise in this industry highly preferred.
- Knowledge of U.S. Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP), U.S. Generally Accepted Auditing Standards (GAAS), and Public Company Oversight Board (PCAOB) Auditing Standards.
- Demonstrated skills in the areas of communication, relationship building, personal development, collaboration, and problem solving along with initiative, adaptability and highly developed Microsoft Suite skills.
Meet Some of Baker Tilly's Employees
Partner, Risk, Internal Audit, & Cybersecurity Practice
Monica works to assist clients whose businesses face operational, financial, technological, reputational, or compliance-related challenges, and she spends her time equipping and supporting her team members to successfully meet those challenges.
Back to top