Audit Senior Associate - Financial Services
- Chicago, IL
Baker Tilly US, LLP (Baker Tilly) is a leading advisory, tax and assurance firm whose specialized professionals guide clients through an ever-changing business world, helping them win now and anticipate tomorrow. Headquartered in Chicago, Baker Tilly, and its affiliated entities, have operations in North America, South America, Europe, Asia and Australia. Baker Tilly is an independent member of Baker Tilly International, a worldwide network of independent accounting and business advisory firms in 145 territories, with 34,700 professionals. The combined worldwide revenue of independent member firms is $3.6 billion. Visit bakertilly.com or join the conversation on LinkedIn , Facebook and Twitter .
It's an exciting time to join Baker Tilly!
Baker Tilly Annual Report 2018
Baker Tilly is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability or protected veteran status, gender identity, sexual orientation, or any other legally protected basis, in accordance with applicable federal, state or local law.
As we continue to navigate the impact of COVID-19, you may encounter a longer job application, interview experience and/or a deferred offer of employment for this position.
- Oversee the day-to-day activities of financial statement audits, reviews, compilations, agreed upon procedures and special projects
- Identify accounting, financial statement, and reporting issues, based on professional guidelines including U.S. GAAP and IFRS
- Provide recommendations for business and process improvements based upon knowledge gained relative to the client's operations, processes, and business objectives
- Proactively build relationships and communicate effectively with the client to provide superior client service
- Supervise and lead the staff through counsel, guidance and coaching. Evaluate performance on client engagements
- Invest in professional development through active participation in training sessions and networking events both internally and externally
- Assist with recruiting activities to include campus recruiting along with referring experienced individuals to the firm and participating in the firm's Employee Referral Bonus Program
- Demonstrate excellent team skills, positive attitude and high ethical standards
Successful candidates will have:
- Bachelor's Degree in Accounting, 150 credits to sit for the CPA exam required. Master's Degree or other advanced degree desired
- CPA preferred
- Three (3) to five (5) years of experience in a professional services firm
- Financial Services experience with demonstrated technical expertise in this industry preferred.
- Knowledge of U.S. Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP), U.S. Generally Accepted Auditing Standards (GAAS), and Public Company Oversight Board (PCAOB) Auditing Standards
- Demonstrated skills in the areas of communication, relationship building, personal development, collaboration, and problem solving along with initiative, adaptability and highly developed Microsoft Suite skills
Back to top