Audit Senior Associate - Construction/Real Estate
- Tysons Corner, VA
Experience the difference, experience the Baker Tilly difference. Be someone, don't be a number. We treat everyone as individuals with their own unique goals and aspirations. Be heard, your opinions and contributions matter - everyday.
At Baker Tilly, we live our core values of collaboration, integrity, passion and stewardship. They represent who we are, what we stand for and what we are working together to achieve.
Join us as an Assurance Senior Accountant in our Construction & Real Estate practice and begin to make a difference in yourself and our clients!
Our Construction & Real Estate Practice serves clients by taking a proactive approach to unique accounting, tax and operational issues throughout the life cycle of a real estate project-from concept development, financing, and structuring to acquisition, construction management, completion, operations, portfolio management and asset disposition. Our teams represent a cross-section of industry professionals as well as specialists who are experienced in working with developers, owners, and investors. You will be on the front line of value protection and enhancement. Through the audit experience you will learn how developers and private equity groups run the deals, and have vision into how to be successful in the real estate industry. You will work with real estate owners and developers from across the entire U.S. Our clients call on us to do far more than just audit, you will be part of that value enhancement.
It's an exciting time to join Baker Tilly!
Baker Tilly Virchow Krause, LLP (Baker Tilly) is a leading advisory, tax and assurance firm whose specialized professionals guide clients through an ever-changing business world, helping them win now and anticipate tomorrow.
Visit bakertilly.com or join the conversation on LinkedIn , Facebook and Twitter .
- Be a trusted member of a client service team and demonstrate initiative and ownership during the planning, execution and wrap-up of an engagement.
- Identify accounting, financial statement, and reporting issues, based on professional guidelines including U.S. GAAP and IFRS.
- Proactively build relationships, communicate effectively and engage with your clients throughout the year to provide exceptional client service.
- Play an active role in discussions with Managers and Partners relative to business recommendations based upon knowledge gained relative to the client's operations, processes and business objectives.
- Supervise and develop Staff Accountants and Interns on engagement teams by monitoring performance and providing guidance and feedback.
- Learn and grow from direct on the job coaching and mentoring along with participating in firm wide learning and development programs
- Participate in recruiting activities to include campus recruiting along with referring experienced individuals to the firm and participating in the firm's Employee Referral Bonus Program.
- Demonstrate excellent team skills, positive attitude and high ethical standards.
• Bachelor's Degree in Accounting required
• CPA or active pursuit of CPA license required
• Three (3)+ years' experience providing accounting and auditing services in a public accounting or professional services firm
• Demonstrated skills in the areas of time management, communication, interpersonal skills, relationship building, collaboration, and problem solving
• Strong leadership, project management, organizational and analytical skills, initiative, and adaptability
• Microsoft Suite skills
• Industry experience in construction/real estate, technology, or commercial entities is preferred
Back to top