Are you interested in joining one of the fastest growing public accounting firms?
Would you like the ability to focus on one industry sector and further become an expert for your clients?
If yes, consider joining Baker Tilly US (BT) as an Audit Senior Associate! This is a great opportunity to be a valued business advisor delivering industry-focused audit and other assurance services to middle market clients. As one of the fastest growing firms in the nation, BT has the ability to offer you upward career trajectory, flexibility in how and where you get your work done and meaningful relationships with clients, teammates and leadership who truly care about you and your development.
You will enjoy this role if:
- You are looking for an opportunity to build your career in a specific industry, becoming an industry expert to the clients you serve
- You can see yourself as a trusted business advisor, working face-to-face with clients to find creative solutions to complex accounting and business challenges
- You want to work for a leading CPA advisory firm that serves middle market clients and whose owners have both their clients' and employees' best interests in mind and are transparent in their decisions
- You value your development and want to work for a firm that provides you the autonomy to own your schedule and career through structured programs (ask us about My Time Off, My Development and Dress for Your Day!)
- You want to grow professionally and develop your client service and technical accounting skills to build a career with endless opportunities now, for tomorrow
- Be a trusted member of the engagement team providing various assurance and consulting services to industry specific clients:
- Proactively engage with your clients throughout the year to gather needed information to complete testing and respond to questions raised
- Plan and supervise the execution of all audit engagement activities
- Review and perform substantive testing on client's balance sheets and income statements
- Conduct and review tests to assess deficiencies of internal controls and make recommendations for improvement
- Play an active role in discussions with the Manager and Partner relative to business recommendations resulting from testing performed and information gathered
- Learn and grow from direct on the job coaching and mentoring along with participating in firm wide learning and development programs
- Utilize your entrepreneurial skills to network and build strong relationships internally and with your clients
- Support the growth and development of team members through the Baker Tilly Care and Teach philosophy, helping associates meet their professional goals
- Enjoy friendships, social activities and team outings that encourage a work-life balance
- Bachelor's degree in accounting or an undergraduate degree with sufficient coursework to sit for the CPA exam
- CPA preferred or actively pursuing completion of exam
- Two (2)+ years of experience providing financial statement auditing services within a public accounting firm
- Demonstrated skills in the areas of time management, communication, interpersonal skills, relationship building, collaboration, and problem solving
- Strong leadership, project management, organizational and analytical skills, initiative, adaptability
- Microsoft Suite skills
- Eligibility to work in the U.S. without sponsorship preferred
Baker Tilly US, LLP (Baker Tilly) is a leading advisory, tax and assurance firm, providing clients a genuine coast-to-coast and global advantage with critical mass and top-notch talent in major regions of the U.S. and in many of the world's leading financial centers - New York, London, San Francisco, Los Angeles and Chicago. Baker Tilly is an independent member of Baker Tilly International, a worldwide network of independent accounting and business advisory firms in 148 territories, with 36,000 professionals and a combined worldwide revenue of $4.0 billion.
Many of Baker Tilly's roles have the opportunity to work remotely. Please discuss with your talent acquisition professional to understand the requirements for an opportunity you are exploring.
Baker Tilly is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability or protected veteran status, gender identity, sexual orientation, or any other legally protected basis, in accordance with applicable federal, state or local law.