Audit Senior Associate
Baker Tilly Virchow Krause, LLP (Baker Tilly) is a nationally recognized, full-service accounting and advisory firm whose specialized professionals connect with clients and their businesses through refreshing candor and clear industry insight. With approximately 2,700 employees across the United States, Baker Tilly is ranked as one of the 15 largest accounting and advisory firms in the country. Headquartered in Chicago, Baker Tilly is an independent member of Baker Tilly International, a worldwide network of independent accounting and business advisory firms in 147 territories, with over 33,000 professionals. The combined worldwide revenue of independent member firms is $3.4 billion.
It’s an exciting time to join Baker Tilly! We are currently seeking a talented Audit Senior Associate to join our Detroit Not-for-Profit team! This position will assist with audit engagements by preparing and performing various functions within the audit. You will have the opportunity to work Health and human service, Museums, Foundations, Schools, and Healthcare!
- Participate in financial statement audits, reviews, compilations, agreed upon procedures and special projects.
- Identify accounting, financial statement, and reporting issues, based on professional guidelines including U.S. GAAP and IFRS.
- Gain comprehensive understanding of client's operations, processes, and business objectives.
- Proactively build relationships and communicate effectively with the client to provide superior client service.
- Invest in professional development through active participation in training sessions and networking events both internally and externally.
- Assist with recruiting activities to include campus recruiting along with referring experienced individuals to the firm and participating in the firm's Employee Referral Bonus Program.
- Demonstrate excellent team skills, positive attitude and high ethical standards.
Successful candidates will have:
- Bachelor's Degree in Accounting, 150 credits to sit for the CPA exam required. Master’s Degree or other advanced degree desired
- CPA preferred
- 2+ years of experience providing attest services in a professional services firm
- Passion for Not-for-Profit
- Knowledge of U.S. Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP), U.S. Generally Accepted Auditing Standards (GAAS), and Public Company Oversight Board (PCAOB) Auditing Standards
- Demonstrated skills in the areas of communication, relationship building, personal development, collaboration, and problem solving along with initiative, adaptability and highly developed Microsoft Suite skills
Meet Some of Baker Tilly's Employees
Partner, Risk, Internal Audit, & Cybersecurity Practice
Monica works to assist clients whose businesses face operational, financial, technological, reputational, or compliance-related challenges, and she spends her time equipping and supporting her team members to successfully meet those challenges.
Back to top