Audit Senior Accountant - Commercial Services
Baker Tilly Virchow Krause, LLP (Baker Tilly) is a nationally recognized, full-service accounting and advisory firm whose specialized professionals connect with clients and their businesses through refreshing candor and clear industry insight. With approximately 2,700 employees across the United States, Baker Tilly is ranked as one of the 15 largest accounting and advisory firms in the country. Headquartered in Chicago, Baker Tilly is an independent member of Baker Tilly International, a worldwide network of independent accounting and business advisory firms in 141 countries, with 28,000 professionals. The combined worldwide revenue of independent member firms is $3.8 billion.
It’s an exciting time to join Baker Tilly!
We are currently seeking an Audit Senior to join our Commercial Services team in Madison, WI. As a member of the Baker Tilly's Commercial Services team, you will work with a recognized team of professionals who work closely together as a cohesive team, proud of being their clients' Valued Business Advisers.
- Run audit engagements from start to finish, which includes planning, executing, directing, and completing audits and managing to budget
- Maintain active communication with clients to manage expectations and ensure satisfaction
- Pro-actively interact with key client management to gather information, resolve audit-related problems, and make recommendations for business and process improvements
- Work with the audit team to identify and resolve client issues discovered during audit process
- Supervise and lead the staff through counsel, guidance and coaching. Evaluate performance and work efforts; participate in performance appraisals process.
- Demonstrate excellent team skills, positive attitude and high ethical standards
- Bachelors degree with an accounting major and credits qualifying to sit for the CPA exam required
- Master’s degree in accounting preferred
- Minimum of two (2) years of progressive auditing experience required. In-charge experience highly desirable.
- Demonstrated analytical, problem-solving, organizational, interpersonal, project management, communication skills and solid Microsoft Suite skills required
- Ability to provide exceptional client service, demonstrate commitment to continuous learning, display appropriate ethical knowledge and commitment and exhibit a sense of urgency and commitment to quality and the timely completion of duties
- Eligibility to work in the U.S. without sponsorship
Back to top