Baker Tilly Virchow Krause, LLP (Baker Tilly) is a nationally recognized, full-service accounting and advisory firm whose specialized professionals connect with clients and their businesses through refreshing candor and clear industry insight. With approximately 2,700 employees across the United States, Baker Tilly is ranked as one of the 15 largest accounting and advisory firms in the country. Headquartered in Chicago, Baker Tilly is an independent member of Baker Tilly International, a worldwide network of independent accounting and business advisory firms in 147 territories, with over 33,000 professionals. The combined worldwide revenue of independent member firms is $3.4 billion.
It’s an exciting time to join Baker Tilly!
- Lead and in-charge all levels of assurance engagements, which includes planning, fieldwork, and wrap-up.
- Acquire an in-depth knowledge of assigned clients’ business and industry.
- Pro-actively interact with client’s management to gather information necessary for the engagement.
- Suggest internal control and other business-related improvements to the engagement team.
- Communicate matters and problems to Managers, Director, and/or Partners.
- Update immediate supervisor regularly on progress of current assignments.
- Train and mentor associates and interns on assurance engagement processes.
- Research and propose resolutions to identified technical accounting or engagement-related issues.
- Pursue a Continuing Professional Educational program to include participation in training sessions, and reading and self-study programs, in preparation for supervisory role.
- Evaluate performance of all levels of subordinates and communicate assessment timely.
- Participate in professional associations / networking functions, and contribute to Firm marketing efforts.
- Perform other duties as necessary.
The successful candidate will possess the following basic qualifications:
- Possess and develop an understanding of applicable authoritative assurance standards and of U.S. generally accepted accounting principles (US GAAP).
- Excellent project management, analytical, interpersonal, oral and written communication skills.
- Strong leadership, training, and mentoring skills.
- Ability to thrive in a dynamic team environment.
- Professionalism, dependability, integrity and trustworthiness combined with a cooperative attitude.
- Self-motivated with ability to multitask and complete assignments within time constraints and deadlines.
- Committed to superior client service.
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Minimum of 2 years of recent work experience as an auditor (or equivalent) at a public accounting firm
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office software programs, including spreadsheet programs (i.e. Excel).
The successful candidate will also possess the following education and licenses:
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or related field.
- CPA certification (active) preferred or working toward, if not already obtained.
Back to top