Audit Manager/Senior Manager - Construction/Real Estate
Baker Tilly Virchow Krause, LLP (Baker Tilly) is a nationally recognized, full-service accounting and advisory firm whose specialized professionals connect with clients and their businesses through refreshing candor and clear industry insight. With approximately 2,700 employees across the United States, Baker Tilly is ranked as one of the 15 largest accounting and advisory firms in the country. Headquartered in Chicago, Baker Tilly is an independent member of Baker Tilly International, a worldwide network of independent accounting and business advisory firms in 147 territories, with over 33,000 professionals. The combined worldwide revenue of independent member firms is $3.4 billion.
It’s an exciting time to join Baker Tilly! Due to continued growth, we are currently seeking Audit Managers to join our Construction/Real Estate practice.
Location: position can sit out of Tysons Corner, VA or New York, NY.
• Be a trusted member of the engagement team providing various assurance and consulting services to industry specific clients
• Positively impact your client’s financial statements, profitability, and business operations through:
o Proactively engaging with your clients throughout the year to understand business goals and challenges
o Implementing appropriate testing to assess deficiencies of internal controls and make recommendations for improvement
o Managing all fieldwork to ensure quality service and timely delivery of results
o Playing an active role in providing valuable financial statement guidance and business recommendations based upon various testing performed and information gathered
o Delivering business insight through thoughtful review, analysis, and discussion
• Assist with managing client engagement staffing, billings/collections, and ensure client profitability targets are met
• Utilize your entrepreneurial skills to network and build strong relationships internally and externally with clients and the community
• Invest in your professional development individually and through participation in firm wide learning and development programs
• Support the growth and development of team members through the Baker Tilly Care and Teach philosophy, helping associates meet their professional goals
• Bachelor's Degree in Accounting required, Masters or advanced degree desirable
• CPA required
• Five (5)+ years’ experience providing attest services in a professional services firm
• Two (2)+ years’ of supervisory experience, mentoring and counseling associates
• Demonstrated management, analytical, organization, interpersonal, project management, communication skills
• Ability to lead and supervise others, provide exceptional client service, demonstrate commitment to continuous learning in order to stay current regarding applicable strategies, see the "big picture" as well as the details, display appropriate ethical knowledge and commitment, and exhibit a sense of urgency and commitment to quality and the timely completion of projects
• Highly developed software and Microsoft Suite skills
• Industry experience in construction/real estate, technology, or commercial entities is strongly preferred
Back to top