Audit Manager - Construction/Real Estate
Experience the difference, experience the Baker Tilly difference. Be someone, don't be a number. We treat everyone as individuals with their own unique goals and aspirations. Be heard, your opinions and contributions matter - everyday.
At Baker Tilly, we live our core values of collaboration, integrity, passion and stewardship. They represent who we are, what we stand for and what we are working together to achieve.
Join us as an Assurance Manager in our Construction & Real Estate practice and begin to make a difference in yourself and our clients!
Our Construction & Real Estate Practice serves clients by taking a proactive approach to unique accounting, tax and operational issues throughout the life cycle of a real estate project-from concept development, financing, and structuring to acquisition, construction management, completion, operations, portfolio management and asset disposition. Our teams represent a cross-section of industry professionals as well as specialists who are experienced in working with developers, owners, and investors. You will be on the front line of value protection and enhancement. Through the audit experience you will learn how developers and private equity groups run the deals, and have vision into how to be successful in the real estate industry. You will work with real estate owners and developers from across the entire U.S. Our clients call on us to do far more than just audit, you will be part of that value enhancement.
It's an exciting time to join Baker Tilly!
Baker Tilly Virchow Krause, LLP (Baker Tilly) is a leading advisory, tax and assurance firm whose specialized professionals guide clients through an ever-changing business world, helping them win now and anticipate tomorrow.
Visit bakertilly.com or join the conversation on LinkedIn, Facebook and Twitter.
• Be a trusted member of the engagement team providing various assurance and consulting services to industry specific clients
• Positively impact your client's financial statements, profitability, and business operations through:
o Proactively engaging with your clients throughout the year to understand business goals and challenges
o Implementing appropriate testing to assess deficiencies of internal controls and make recommendations for improvement
o Managing all fieldwork to ensure quality service and timely delivery of results
o Playing an active role in providing valuable financial statement guidance and business recommendations based upon various testing performed and information gathered
o Delivering business insight through thoughtful review, analysis, and discussion
• Assist with managing client engagement staffing, billings/collections, and ensure client profitability targets are met
• Utilize your entrepreneurial skills to network and build strong relationships internally and externally with clients and the community
• Invest in your professional development individually and through participation in firm wide learning and development programs
• Support the growth and development of team members through the Baker Tilly Care and Teach philosophy, helping associates meet their professional goals
• Bachelor's Degree in Accounting required, Masters or advanced degree desirable
• CPA required
• Five (5)+ years' experience providing attest services in a professional services firm
• Two (2)+ years' of supervisory experience, mentoring and counseling associates
• Demonstrated management, analytical, organization, interpersonal, project management, communication skills
• Ability to lead and supervise others, provide exceptional client service, demonstrate commitment to continuous learning in order to stay current regarding applicable strategies, see the "big picture" as well as the details, display appropriate ethical knowledge and commitment, and exhibit a sense of urgency and commitment to quality and the timely completion of projects
• Highly developed software and Microsoft Suite skills
• Industry experience in construction/real estate, technology, or commercial entities is strongly preferred
Back to top