Baker Tilly Virchow Krause, LLP (Baker Tilly) is a leading advisory, tax and assurance firm whose specialized professionals guide clients through an ever-changing business world, helping them win now and anticipate tomorrow. Headquartered in Chicago, Baker Tilly, and its affiliated entities, have operations in North America, South America, Europe, Asia and Australia. Baker Tilly is an independent member of Baker Tilly International, a worldwide network of independent accounting and business advisory firms in 145 territories, with 34,700 professionals. The combined worldwide revenue of independent member firms is $3.6 billion. Visit bakertilly.com or join the conversation on LinkedIn , Facebook and Twitter .
It's an exciting time to join Baker Tilly!
Baker Tilly Annual Report 2018
This position provides leadership and management by directing all phases of engagement planning and administration. Provides a wide range of compliance and consulting services by developing knowledge to enable a proactive planning approach that maximizes efficiencies and minimize liabilities.
- Be a trusted member of the engagement team providing various assurance and consulting services to industry specific clients
- Positively impact your client's financial statements, profitability, and business operations through:
- Proactively engaging with your clients throughout the year to understand business goals and challenges
- Implementing appropriate testing to assess deficiencies of internal controls and make recommendations for improvement
- Managing all fieldwork to ensure quality service and timely delivery of results
- Playing in active role in providing valuable financial statement guidance and business recommendations based upon various testing performed and information gathered
- Delivering business insight through thoughtful review, analysis, and discussion
- Assist with managing client engagement staffing, billings/collections, and ensure client profitability targets are met
- Utilize your entrepreneurial skills to network and build strong relationships internally and externally with clients and the community
- Invest in your professional development individually and through participation in firm wide learning and development programs
- Support the growth and development of team members through the Baker Tilly Care and Teach philosophy, helping associates meet their professional goals
- Bachelor's Degree in Accounting required, Masters or advanced degree desirable
- CPA required
- Five (5)+ years' experience providing financial statement auditing services in a professional services firm desired
- Two (2)+ years' of supervisory experience, mentoring and counseling associates desired
- Demonstrated management, analytical, organization, interpersonal, project management, communication skills
- Ability to lead and supervise others, provide exceptional client service, demonstrate commitment to continuous learning in order to stay current regarding applicable strategies, see the "big picture" as well as the details, display appropriate ethical knowledge and commitment, and exhibit a sense of urgency and commitment to quality and the timely completion of projects.
- Highly developed software and Microsoft Suite skills
Back to top