Assurance Manager - Operations
- Madison, WI
Baker Tilly Virchow Krause, LLP (Baker Tilly) is a leading advisory, tax and assurance firm whose specialized professionals guide clients through an ever-changing business world, helping them win now and anticipate tomorrow. Headquartered in Chicago, Baker Tilly, and its affiliated entities, have operations in North America, South America, Europe, Asia and Australia. Baker Tilly is an independent member of Baker Tilly International, a worldwide network of independent accounting and business advisory firms in 145 territories, with 34,700 professionals. The combined worldwide revenue of independent member firms is $3.6 billion. Visit bakertilly.com or join the conversation on LinkedIn , Facebook and Twitter .
It's an exciting time to join Baker Tilly!
Baker Tilly Annual Report 2018
Do you have a background in Assurance and are looking to use your knowledge in a new way? We're looking for a talented individual to join our team! This individual will focus his/her energy on developing tools and training on emerging professional standards, ethics, and requirements for our Public Sector and Single Audit practice teams. In addition, this individual will be involved in reviewing standards before they are issued and providing valuable insights. This role will take your traditional audit experience and allow you to apply it in a new way to help grow our firm, build your expertise and influence the profession. Are you up for the challenge.
- Work closely with the Industry Center of Excellence Technical committees (ICE-T) in the following areas:
- Create implementation plans for upcoming standards.
- Development of public sector and single audit training materials.
- Creation and modification of accounting and auditing tools and templates.
- Modifications and updates to global focus audit methodology.
- Support the PPG in monitoring the quality of the assurance practice of the firm.
- Participate in support and discussions with external reviewers.
- Participate in internal monitoring and peer review activities.
- Maintain the firm's public sector A&A calendar and responsible for distribution of firm public sector A&A communications. Calendar maintenance includes monitoring implementation of standards and training for the practice.
- Monitor changes in professional standards, with particular focus on the public sector and single audit industry groups.
- Assist with evaluating and potentially drafting firm comment letters for due process documents issued by GASB, GAO, and OMB.
- Assist in evaluating and potentially drafting firm comment letters for due process documents issued by the ASB and PEEC.
- Continue to grow and develop technical expertise, and provide technical consultation to the firm and public sector practice.
- Ad hoc research projects as determined necessary by the practice.
- Support the public sector assurance practice in client calls and meetings on technical matters.
- Bachelors Degree required.
- 5-8 years relevant experience required, 8-10 years preferred.
- Knowledge of and advanced research skills in AICPA auditing standards and Government Auditing Standards (GAO).
- Knowledge of and advanced research skills in accounting standards established by the Government Accounting Standards Board (GASB).
- Knowledge of and advanced research skills in the single audit requirements of the Uniform Guidance.
- Past experience in performing financial statement and single audits of public sector entities.
- Excellent quantitative/qualitative analysis and problem-solving skills.
- Articulate, analytical (with attention to detail), and a self-starter with strong follow through.
- High impact oral and written communications/presentation skills.
- Proven track record of successfully leading complex projects and organization-wide initiatives.
Back to top