Baker Tilly Virchow Krause, LLP (Baker Tilly) is a nationally recognized, full-service accounting and advisory firm whose specialized professionals connect with clients and their businesses through refreshing candor and clear industry insight. With approximately 2,700 employees across the United States, Baker Tilly is ranked as one of the 15 largest accounting and advisory firms in the country. Headquartered in Chicago, Baker Tilly is an independent member of Baker Tilly International, a worldwide network of independent accounting and business advisory firms in 147 territories, with over 33,000 professionals. The combined worldwide revenue of independent member firms is $3.4 billion.
It’s an exciting time to join Baker Tilly!
- Provide administrative support to the client service team, including Partners and staff. This may consist of editing and formatting correspondence/engagement letters, travel arrangements, report generation, and time/expense entry.
- Proactively manage, schedule and prioritize executive’s work flow and task items.
- Processing of tax returns during busy season.
- Compose correspondence, create memos, letters, charts, graphs, business plans, and presentations.
- Professionally communicates with clients, team members and outside professionals and exhibits a high level of client service
- Maintains firm and client contact information
- Prepare invoices and process billing for clients
- Assist in the planning and execution of meetings, events, teleconferences, and webinars.
- Maintain calendars and travel logistics.
- Attend meetings to take and transcribe meeting minutes.
- Assist with office functions such as filing, faxing, and scanning of documents, or client database management as needed.
- Work as part of the administrative support team and provide back up as necessary.
- Handle sensitive and confidential information on a regular basis with discretion.
- Perform all other duties as assigned.
- High school diploma.
- Minimum of 5 (five) years administrative support experience supporting multiple individuals in a professional environment; previous experience within a professional services firm highly desired.
- Excellent verbal communication, written communication, and proofreading skills.
- Keen sense of accuracy and attention to detail.
- A professional demeanor and the ability to handle matters confidentially.
- Ability to provide exceptional client service and exhibit a sense of urgency to complete duties in a timely manner.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, time sensitive environment with frequent interruptions.
- Demonstrated level of technical proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite Skills (Outlook, Word and Excel) at the advanced level.
- Outlook and scheduling experience.
- Ability to work overtime and some weekends as needed.
Back to top