Baker Tilly Virchow Krause, LLP (Baker Tilly) is a nationally recognized, full-service accounting and advisory firm whose specialized professionals connect with clients and their businesses through refreshing candor and clear industry insight. With approximately 2,700 employees across the United States, Baker Tilly is ranked as one of the 15 largest accounting and advisory firms in the country. Headquartered in Chicago, Baker Tilly is an independent member of Baker Tilly International, a worldwide network of independent accounting and business advisory firms in 147 territories, with over 33,000 professionals. The combined worldwide revenue of independent member firms is $3.4 billion.
It’s an exciting time to join Baker Tilly!
We are currently looking for an Administrative Assistant for our Tax and Assurance Practice based in our Tysons, VA office.
Administrative Assistants at Baker Tilly:
- Provide administrative support for up to five managers, directors and/or partners in the firm:
- Maintain electronics calendars (MS Outlook), coordinate appointments and organize meetings
- Coordinate travel arrangements as needed
- Prepare expense reports and time entry
- Manage various aspects of meeting logistics (scheduling, location, location set-up, catering)
- Type and format correspondence
- Handle general administrative tasks
- May be required to take notes at meetings
Provide back-up support to other managers, directors, partners when other administrative assistants are on leave.
- Maintain and create client letters
- Prepare job arrangement letters
- Organize and run client mailings
- Administer the efile tax return process
- Track and communicate status of tax returns and financial statements to project teams
- Format financial statements in accordance with firm standards
- Other client deliverable needs
The successful candidate will have:
- A high school diploma
- At least 3 years of administrative or executive support experience supporting multiple individuals, preferably in a professional services environment
- Demonstrated level of technical proficiency with Microsoft Office Word 2007 & Excel 2007 at the Intermediate or Advanced levels
- The ability to work effectively in a team environment and with all levels
- Excellent written/verbal communications and collaboration skills
- Integrity within a professional environment
- Professional demeanor and ability to handle matters confidentially
- The ability to work overtime and some weekends as needed
- During tax season Jan - April, must be able to work weekends
- Ability to work accurately in a fast paced environment with deadlines
Meet Some of Baker Tilly's Employees
Partner, Risk, Internal Audit, & Cybersecurity Practice
Monica works to assist clients whose businesses face operational, financial, technological, reputational, or compliance-related challenges, and she spends her time equipping and supporting her team members to successfully meet those challenges.
Back to top