Accounting Assistant - Construction/Real Estate
Baker Tilly Virchow Krause, LLP (Baker Tilly) is a nationally recognized, full-service accounting and advisory firm whose specialized professionals connect with clients and their businesses through refreshing candor and clear industry insight. With approximately 2,500 employees across the United States, Baker Tilly is ranked as one of the 12 largest professional services firms in the country. Headquartered in Chicago, Baker Tilly is an independent member of Baker Tilly International, a worldwide network of independent accounting and business advisory firms in 137 countries, with 27,000 professionals. The combined worldwide revenue of independent member firms is $3.4 billion.
It’s an exciting time to join Baker Tilly!
We are seeking an Accounting Assistant join our Construction/Real Estate team in Appleton, WI. As a member of our team, you will have the opportunity to leverage the experiences and resources of over 250 professionals dedicated to providing services to more than 2,400 Construction and Real Estate clients firm wide.
- Organize and enter client data into tax prep software
- Ensure client confidentiality by following all company procedures regarding information handling
- Meet client service expectations through the efficient, timely and accurate completion of the assigned tasks
- Communicate interactively with engagement team members
- Provide backup to support the team, when necessary
- Maintain and expand knowledge base in area of expertise
- High school diploma required; Associate's or Bachelor’s degree preferred
- Individual tax return preparation ideal, but not required
- Knowledge of basic accounting concepts involved in tax return preparation ideal, but not required
- A professional demeanor and the ability to handle matters confidentially
- Adaptable to new technology and ability to work in a paperless environment
- Keen sense of accuracy and attention to detail
- Solid written and verbal communication skills
- Eligibility to work in the U.S. without sponsorship
Back to top