Accounting Assistant - Construction/Real Estate
Baker Tilly Virchow Krause, LLP (Baker Tilly) is a nationally recognized, full-service accounting and advisory firm whose specialized professionals connect with clients and their businesses through refreshing candor and clear industry insight. With approximately 2,500 employees across the United States, Baker Tilly is ranked as one of the 12 largest professional services firms in the country. Headquartered in Chicago, Baker Tilly is an independent member of Baker Tilly International, a worldwide network of independent accounting and business advisory firms in 137 countries, with 27,000 professionals. The combined worldwide revenue of independent member firms is $3.4 billion.
It’s an exciting time to join Baker Tilly!
We are seeking an Accounting Assistant join our Construction/Real Estate team in Madison, WI. As a member of our team, you will have the opportunity to leverage the experiences and resources of over 250 professionals dedicated to providing services to more than 2,400 Construction and Real Estate clients firm wide.
- Provide administrative support and client services for bookkeeping and accounting matters
- Examine and analyze accounting records, prepare statements and reports
- Assist with administrative and operational projects as requested
- Communicate interactively with engagement team members
- Provide backup to support the team, when necessary
- Meet client service expectations through the efficient, timely and accurate completion of the assigned tasks
- Perform general office functions which may include filing or faxing documents, data entry, and coordinating client mail delivery
- Maintain confidentiality and independence with respect to client information
- Maintain and expand knowledge base in area of expertise
- High school diploma with two (2) or more years of accounting related experience. Associate’s degree in business related field with one (1) or more years of accounting related experience is preferred. Experience in lieu of a degree may be accepted.
- Prior experience in accounting, bookkeeping or payroll, preferred
- Knowledge of accounting principles related to classifying, recording, and summarizing data and making computations to compile and keep financial records
- Demonstrated proficiency in QuickBooks and Microsoft Office Suite
- Ability to prioritize work and coordinate activities as needed
- Strong communication and teamwork skills
- Strong attention to detail and ability to follow directions and procedures
- Ability to maintain confidentiality and independence with respect to client information
- Eligibility to work in the U.S. without sponsorship
Back to top